New Project,shooting boxes.Day 4.

sako751sg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, grrclark said:

With a wee dram or two and a bite to eat it will be a braw place to while away the hours, even if there is no sport.

Absolutely.Ive seen me sit 8 hours in this wee corner of the wood on a superb day and any amount of wildlife to keep interested for that long.

Only downside with sitting on the grass was the number of ticks which are astounding and it was one picked up from here that led to Lymes so hopefully will be a bit more comfy and tick free up there.

5 minutes ago, sako751sg said:

Absolutely.Ive seen me sit 8 hours in this wee corner of the wood on a superb day and any amount of wildlife to keep interested for that long.

Only downside with sitting on the grass was the number of ticks which are astounding and it was one picked up from here that led to Lymes so hopefully will be a bit more comfy and tick free up there.

Hopefully the sharper winter that we have had will knock the ticks back a good bit as well Dave, they were like a plague here last year.

8 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Hopefully the sharper winter that we have had will knock the ticks back a good bit as well Dave, they were like a plague here last year.

Thats what we have been lacking this few years to keep numbers in check a bit.

We were not too bad last year but this wood is truly horrendous.The year the old dog died i took him and Jake a walk through one day and the next had to pull 15 ticks out between them.

Dave,a constructive comment.

You will know about stepping off a ladder onto scaffold and the return journey.

With the advantage of hindsight the last two highseats I built I extended the ladder above the scaffold/platform area.

It makes life easier all round and of course safer.

Excellent job, look forward to seeing results.

2 minutes ago, tignme said:

Dave,a constructive comment.

You will know about stepping off a ladder onto scaffold and the return journey.

With the advantage of hindsight the last two highseats I built I extended the ladder above the scaffold/platform area.

It makes life easier all round and of course safer.

Excellent job, look forward to seeing results.

Totally agree regarding the ladder and it will be amended before finished.

Originally i was going to build a separate ladder but ended up integrating as i went along and run out of materials.Im a step short at the top and the right hand side ladder leg will follow the angle right up to the hoosie.

Already nearly came a cropper twice and will probably only take the hint when im lying on the deck with two broken legs.

:lol:

Always open to advice and comments.Being a brickie timbers not exactly my forte.

On 15/03/2018 at 16:41, sako751sg said:

Not the best of days and was half expecting the hoosie on her ribs but she hadnt moved at all so spent a couple of hours on it.

Checked the frames for the windows and made them up today with 6mm perspex,hinged them and hopefully hang them tomorrow weather permitting.

Hung the door,sheeted the roof ready for tin and ply lined most of the inside so mostly fiddly work left to do.

O4ci3lw.jpg

yAvd3RU.jpg

oIEBXzK.jpg

wPRAusK.jpgQzroqJT.jpg

Which side are you putting the radiator? :|:hmm:

47 minutes ago, Archie-fox said:

Looks great Dave..

are you you going to the stalking fair at Kelso this weekend?

Cheers Rich.

Driving down to Suffolk tomorrow night,shoot till Friday evening,drive overnight to Kelso and catch Saturday and then head for home that night,hopefully.

You going?

5 hours ago, sako751sg said:

Cheers Rich.

Driving down to Suffolk tomorrow night,shoot till Friday evening,drive overnight to Kelso and catch Saturday and then head for home that night,hopefully.

You going?

Trying to go mate yea, will drop you a message if I make it..

13 hours ago, Blackpowder said:

That is superb, makes me  insanely jealous. Anywhere near the 'back o Bennachie?

Blackpowder

Not far off,roughly 2o miles South of us.

13 hours ago, welshgun said:

Looking good Dave :good:

Cheers Dave.

12 hours ago, Archie-fox said:

Trying to go mate yea, will drop you a message if I make it..

Spot on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/03/2018 at 21:17, Fisheruk said:

Which side are you putting the radiator? :|:hmm:

This is what i was thinking? 

Seriously though, is there going to be heating? If not why are you insulating the walls and the roof with Kingspan/cellotex??

Edit: Are you fitting A+ double glazing?? :lol:

Edited by silver pigeon69

41 minutes ago, silver pigeon69 said:

This is what i was thinking? 

Seriously though, is there going to be heating? If not why are you insulating the walls and the roof with Kingspan/cellotex??

Edit: Are you fitting A+ double glazing?? :lol:

A wee gas stove is all fella.

Just enough to take the chill off during the winter nights really but makes a fair difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Havent been back to the hoosie for a while but cracked a few things today.

Insulated the floor,laid flooring,finishings round the windows and gave the bottom half a lick of paint..

Handles and latches still to do along with seating and shooting cills at each window so not much left although still to carpet too.

6TmlOya.jpg

FXI3el4.jpg

Ez8Fbux.jpg

aJPWPfa.jpg

flXpAVj.jpg

eFEWTHm.jpg