sako751sg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Blackpowder said:

It just keeps getting better.

Blackpowder

Not much left fella,but slow little things now.

13 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Cracking view from there Dave:yes:

Will take a panoramic when finished.There were 7 roe visible when i got there in the valley an then another 3 does an 2 bucks in the wood when i drove back out.

2 hours ago, dazb1967 said:

we could do with a few of those put up, Excellent job 

Cheers fella.Lot of work but should be productive and make things more comfy.

20 minutes ago, turbo33 said:

Cracking job that Sako. I'm insanely jealous, going past the point of lugging decoys etc round and much prefer using the rifle. I could do with a fox ridden perm where I can put up a fox box/shooting box like that. Flask, peace and quiet......bliss:good:

Cheers fella.

Probably spent way too much time in that place through the summer so at least be a wee bit more comfier,tick free and better for the foxes.As you say,peace an quiet.

Great camoflage !!!    Just joking....  it is looking good amd far better than my make do blinds, but believe me sitting in a waterproof, windproof blind takes some beating. Spent too many hours of my life shivering on a lean to high seat. Some places it has to be, but wherever I can put an enclosed blind up now, I will be doing it ...sako's is a real posh job.

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Great camoflage !!!    Just joking....  it is looking good amd far better than my make do blinds, but believe me sitting in a waterproof, windproof blind takes some beating. Spent too many hours of my life shivering on a lean to high seat. Some places it has to be, but wherever I can put an enclosed blind up now, I will be doing it ...sako's is a real posh job.

Aye,have green for the final coat but int expect brown to be so orangey.Hopefully not so bright when dry.

Like you i can remember too many hours sat freezing the baws off so any extra comfort helps.

Just an idea. Why not break up the finished surfaces with two paint colours, say 1/4 green, then 1/4 brown, next 1/4 green and the remaining 1/4 brown again?  It wouldn’t matter if these were vertical or horizontal lines. The effect would be to reduce the block of the high seat by half.

1 hour ago, JDog said:

Just an idea. Why not break up the finished surfaces with two paint colours, say 1/4 green, then 1/4 brown, next 1/4 green and the remaining 1/4 brown again?  It wouldn’t matter if these were vertical or horizontal lines. The effect would be to reduce the block of the high seat by half.

Thought of something similar but probably go with the green finish although will have a look on Monday to see if the brown has down a wee bit.If so would do stripes of a kind an that would def break it up to a degree.

Not bothered regarding the roe as it will make no odds to them but would be fine if it didnt stick out too much.

Latched windows,carpeted floor and half up the walls and missus gave a lick of paint so hopefully will finish it tomorrow.

Bench half done but wont take long to finish.

Had a run this morning and still big groups of roe and with this last couple of fine days natures actually acting like its spring.

QkNrKIu.jpg

2jAVdct.jpg

V8rr8Vr.jpg

8RXYhUX.jpg

sSiTNfm.jpg

HqhJ3hE.jpg

LFWKQ3r.jpg

qqC41kn.jpg

STJuxqB.jpg

jZ6Vppb.jpg

9fKQits.jpg

hple8Tf.jpg

8 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

great job :good:really got me thinking of putting one up on a piece of ground i have now:hmm::yes:

Cheers Bumpy.

Should have done it years ago really but better late than never.Get pretty much free run of the land now but didnt get on for the first 3 years the wood was planted as they didnt want the deer shot.

Left my number and 3 years later came the phone call.A very nice couple into their wildlife so they appreciate the conservation is needed.

Just go for it,in a place you know will produce and it doesnt have to be anything spectacular.

I have four 'cabins' in my 10 acre wood covering various corners where I have a feeder and tree rat trap.  Nothing more relaxing that sitting there watching the 'things' that live in the wood go about their business.  Most enjoyable and doesn't have to cost you a fortune either.  For two of mine I actually used timber I thinned from the wood and had it slabbed 1 1/2 inches thick which I then used as is to make the structure .like a log cabin.  Stood on tanalised fence posts and rails.  Go for it, you will never regret it.

2016-05-17 08.44.35 (800x600).jpg

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 21:07, sako751sg said:

--Totally agree regarding the ladder and it will be amended before finished.

Originally i was going to build a separate ladder but ended up integrating as i went along and run out of materials.Im a step short at the top and the right hand side ladder leg will follow the angle right up to the hoosie.

Already nearly came a cropper twice and will probably only take the hint when im lying on the deck with two broken legs.

:lol:

Always open to advice and comments.Being a brickie timbers not exactly my forte.

Be careful her indoors doesent open the door and knock you off the ladder.You have been warned. ****.

Looking good Dave.

1 minute ago, figgy said:

Looks a very nice place to while away a few hours or a weekend. How did you fix it down to the ground?

Not fixed Figgy,just free standing with 8x2 plate feet sitting on blocks.

Have 6x2s for bracing to the ground ready to go in place and could drive posts in at the feet and bolt to legs but will see.

Looks a very nice place to while away a few hours or a weekend. How did you fix it down to the ground?

I would brace it as high winds and any ground movement could see it over. even a few ground stakes at an angle and braces to the legs should hold it fast.

3 minutes ago, figgy said:

I would brace it as high winds and any ground movement could see it over. even a few ground stakes at an angle and braces to the legs should hold it fast.

Think we crossed posts fella.