Dog or Bitch

Lloyd90

Does anyone find any real difference? 

I’ve just put my name down with Simon Grace up in Leeds for a springer spaniel pup out of his bitch FTW Ecarg Hydra whos been mater with FTCH Flaxdale Jamie :) 

He did ask which I’d prefer but atm I’m down as not sure... 

honest findings and thoughts appreciated 

All bitches for me, yes if not spayed you loose  use  of them for a few weeks a year if working with other dogs, if just the 2 of you not a problem. My father has dogs and when ever I,m in the farm yard working have to keep a eye on tool boxes, etc as they want to pee on everything brought into the yard.

I find dogs (not all) more head strong than bitches, as mentioned before you may not be able to use a bitch in season if with other dogs, but I can tell you also won't  be able to do anything with a dog if a bitch is in season in the near area, not all dog owners thing about others.

Had dogs virtually all my life if you discount the cow dog corgis and a sheep dog, back in the 40s and 50s.   Never ever found a problem ..Labs, a GSP and Viszlas, nine working dogs in all.  Like any of them you have to be the Boss from day one, no ifs no buts.  

Like a bitch can have pups, if you prove to have a handsome, well behaved, well trained working dog you can also trade him in occasionally for a stud fee.

We've got a mixture here, 3 bitches and 3 dogs.

Personally I'll be having a dog again when it comes time to get another gundog. Yes the do have a habit of peeing up stuff at times, but I've found them to be much more tolerable to live with. If the dogs have a scrap, it's forgotten about fairly soon. Bitches on the other hand don't forget, we've got 2 that still want to kill each other after 6 months!

Always had bitches as I was told that it wasn't in the nature of a bitch to challenge for the top dog position :no:.but as I had begun on this path bitches it was.

Now after  one of my bitches had a litter I was left with one dog  so I kept him to maybe sell on but he has proved such an asset I can't part with him .

he was dull to train and a bit of a plodder  compared to all the high driven bitches but with experience in the field he has upped his game.

so for the last three years I have had three bitches and one dog  the youngest bitch is in the kennel with the dog and they get on well just got to keep an eye on her for coming into season .

As already stated pick a pup you like cos you got to get on with the it for at least 12years.

Always had bitches as a kid and growing up, seasons drove me mad seemed they came on right during the pheasant season.
I got a dog this time, hes much more hardy and things don't bother him, where as bitches take things to heart. For example, all of our bitches hate being hosed off. Yet the dog will stand there and be a man about it. Our bitches also sulk.. where as the dog, nope.

Scutt I always thought the drive depends on the individual dog not sex. My dogs full brother is a complete plod, so chilled even though they're only 10 months, yet mine has a very high drive and is hot. You wouldn't even think they were related.  

I'll only be having dogs from now on but my other half always said he'd will only have bitches. Yet I think hes half way persuaded to get a dog for his next.. as hes fallen in love with mine.
 I'd go and have a look, choose which one you feel a connection with.