Opening FAC

defender

1 hour ago, defender said:

What has to be done after I've had my FAC for 18 months to get my certificate opened?

Think of a decent reason why it needs to be opened, then put it to your FEO like CharlieT says.
If you only club shoot though youve got no chance.

21 hours ago, mossy835 said:

avon and somerset, i had to wait 5 years, on my renewal they gave me a open cert.never had to ask for it.

This is true for avs, unless you can show you have good reason for it to be open, and if you can show that you have the experience with the calibre you want opening. 

Staffs is a no chance . I asked and gave good reasons a year ago after 4 years. I’ve asked twice but told no. 6 lots of land , 5000+ hmr, lr and 1000+ cf fired. 

Theyve told me they can’t and to wait until renewal . They wanted qualifications or to prove I need it for my job.

they couldn’t tell me what qualifications 

On 3/16/2018 at 20:10, team tractor said:

Staffs is a no chance . I asked and gave good reasons a year ago after 4 years. I’ve asked twice but told no. 6 lots of land , 5000+ hmr, lr and 1000+ cf fired. 

Theyve told me they can’t and to wait until renewal . They wanted qualifications or to prove I need it for my job.

they couldn’t tell me what qualifications 

Probably wanting to see DSC1 N 2 ,although not a legal requirement some applications for FAC seem to "require"  this piece of paper to get anywhere ,like the mentoring idea which seems to have been kicked into touch.After 9 years using military firearms i still had to wait 3 years before ticket opening.Despite passing DSC1 and doing at least a dozen guided stalks before even applying for FAC ,the C/C says 3 years minimum and so thats that .Just had to wait ,frusting Nath but each county seems to have their own reading of home office guidelines atb

51 minutes ago, clakk said:

Probably wanting to see DSC1 N 2 ,although not a legal requirement some applications for FAC seem to "require"  this piece of paper to get anywhere ,like the mentoring idea which seems to have been kicked into touch.After 9 years using military firearms i still had to wait 3 years before ticket opening.Despite passing DSC1 and doing at least a dozen guided stalks before even applying for FAC ,the C/C says 3 years minimum and so thats that .Just had to wait ,frusting Nath but each county seems to have their own reading of home office guidelines atb

It best be open on my renewal this month . 

Not that I can get out :/ 

I got mine opened after just under a year. When I initially asked, after 3 months and endlessly waiting for land to be cleared, I was told to keep a diary of kills to include calibre, species, date and permission. I did this and also sent in a table of ammunition use. FAO rang me and said he could give no reason to deny my application as I had showed experience and good reason as I was being asked by many neighbouring farms to carry out vermin control.

This is what I received from BASC-

There is no set period before a certificate holder can apply to have the less restrictive 'open' condition. Home Office guidance states;

'When a chief officer is satisfied that a certificate holder has gained sufficient competence with a particular calibre or class of firearm the less restrictive condition may be considered appropriate'.

It goes on to say that the wording of any territorial condition may be amended once the certificate holder has demonstrated competence. There is no set time for this and each case should be considered on its individual merits.

• 2 weeks later...