Good Dog Insurance ?

Wooder

I agree with putting the money away except pups that I insure for a year or two. I reckon by then you know if the dog is going to be generally healthy or not. I also want cover for loss or silly things like swallowing a stone. I found agri okay.

Insured mine for years and reckon I never got close to breaking even. Need to watch the small print as well as some exclude working dogs. I am lucky the estate I pickup on covers any injuries while working. So far not needed.

Pet plan were good when I claimed, having paid in for seven years we had an incident beating and they paid out fine.  And paid out for two other operations and drugs while sorting the problem.  Had I been paying it would have been painfull.  What I have been impressed with is the premiums haven’t gone up much and that’s considering the dog is nearly 11

17 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

I agree with putting the money away except pups that I insure for a year or two. I reckon by then you know if the dog is going to be generally healthy or not. I also want cover for loss or silly things like swallowing a stone. I found agri okay.

Insured mine for years and reckon I never got close to breaking even. Need to watch the small print as well as some exclude working dogs. I am lucky the estate I pickup on covers any injuries while working. So far not needed.

hes a new pup !

PetPlan are first class.

One of our became ill recently and PetPlan were really helpful and immediately told us they would pay the first £4,000 (maximum annual amount) as we hadn't made a claim in the previous year so an overall £6,600 only cost us £2,600.

That's a lot of weekly £10's!

I dread to think what next years policy is going to cost

Our lab is insured with Tesco and my Cocker is insured with Kennel Club, both on lifetime cover but it is expensive. I had to use KC as he injured himself on his 4 week free puppy insurance and i had a day to carry on the full insurance or he wouldn't of been covered for £1000 in vet fees. I nearly didn't bother registering for free puppy insurance but glad i did.. worth doing! KC paid out instantly and have been perfect, didn't even try and get out of it. KC do 3 months half price as well I believe. 

Aimee @ A1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 16:11, hawkeye said:

Just moved from Kennel club to BASC they are both for life but BASC £8 a month cheaper, and they are both the same company Agri go figure ...

my free Kennel Club insurance finishes on the 17th, I have had texts and phone calls from them to carry on with their KC insurance £46 a month, I have told them I have gone through BASC and got comparable insurance with Agri £30 per month and first two months half price. phone calls and texts have stopped. that must be why?