Leaving Radio 2

getthegat

As an avid Radio 2 listener, and yes I know there are some naff programs and presenters on there, but at least you can understand what everyone is saying. Anyway, Lynne Bowles is leaving! I think she's brilliant and so funny, especially when teamed up with Ken Bruce. I for one will miss the whit and banter and the occasional useful traffic info. Best of luck to her for the future.

I went to see Jeremy Vines brother at the Theatre the other night.

Absolutely Brilliant Comedian, we both were sore with laughing. 

Tim Vines, a bit like a cross between Tommy Cooper and Harry Hill, but in his own style

Daft as a Brush as they would say !

1 minute ago, Scully said:

Yeah, sad news. Since Wogan left R2, her partnership with Ken Bruce has been the best part of R2 for me.  I often tune out when Evans is on, for 6 Music, and if Vine has nothing vaguely interesting to say I'll do the same at noon. 

Very similar here too, but we often substitute Planet Rock for 6 Music, especially when that pointless **** Vine is around!

I basically first thing a listen to my music, then tune into Ken Bruce and at midday change to local radio. Amazingly if I am doing the school run the kids stick on radio 1, don't really like the music but Nick Grimshaw is a funny bloke. Shame that Lynne is leaving, but I guess I will get over it. 

Vine just says and asks such stupid questions. Maybe it's his position, but boy can he do verbal diarrhea when he puts his mind to it. Haven't heard yet what Lynne will be doing, other than as Ken Bruce said, lying in til 7.00 o'clock. I know she has a show at the weekend on radio Wales, though I got the feeling she was going to have a more normal life with family. A funny, natural and intelligent lady. All the best.

It used to be 5 live, radio2, 5 live then back to radio 2 Monday to Friday. That was 10 years ago. Now it's 5 live kermode and mayo Friday afternoons the 5 live Saturday mornings Danny Baker and that's it. Evans is not for me, Ken Bruce is dull, Jeremy vine is grating, even Mayo is to forced on his drive time thing. 5 live is too politically correct. LBC is appealing but short on signal. So it's podcasts or downloaded programs from yesterday for me. At least there's no hippety hop Adele type music on those.

We all talk about certain people because of what they do and how different from our tastes they are.

It does suggest that they are good at what they do by the fact we are all talking about them.

These guys are big earners they are at the top.

We all seem to have gone from Radio 1 to Radio 2 to Radio 4 it must be an age thing.

I'm sick of Radio 4 now and tend to Cherry Pick from DAB during the day or play my own music on a journey. 

I remember when I first left school working with my old man and wanting to listen to what was vibe fm (now kiss) and him not having any of it and putting radio 2 on.... 11 years down the line and all I'll listen too is 2 haha. 

Although I have to agree I'm not Evans biggest fan. Rather him than V feltz in the morning though she's on when I leave for work and she crazes my t***s.

I listen to radio two,like ken and lynne/steve wright and his micky take on the vine,sometimes catch mayo,kind of keep switching between 2 and local,the one thing i cant stand and does my nut in is when the women jocks stand in or do the weekend,waffle waffle waffle,always turn over if i here Elaine Page or lisa tarbuck,aaahhhh

On 17/03/2018 at 08:34, mickyh said:

We all talk about certain people because of what they do and how different from our tastes they are.

It does suggest that they are good at what they do by the fact we are all talking about them.

These guys are big earners they are at the top.

We all seem to have gone from Radio 1 to Radio 2 to Radio 4 it must be an age thing.

I'm sick of Radio 4 now and tend to Cherry Pick from DAB during the day or play my own music on a journey. 

I went from radio 2 to 4 to 3 and now find myself more often than not on kisstory ...go figure?