First CPSA Competition

DanBettin

4 hours ago, Catamong said:

That may be the case, but, as others have pointed out, it shouldn't happen at Registered shoots, but which ground owner is going to turn away a shooter offering to pay for a card, which the ground owner can easily treat as a "ghost entry", i.e. no record of it being passed on to the CPSA, or indeed the Taxman..??

More cash in the back pocket, nobody's any the wiser...Kerching..!!

Cat.

Granted. But I for one am getting fed up of following wurzel and his 10 mates around a shoot  when I  paid for a Cpsa members only shoot. I guess as a ground you'll have to chose which set of customers brings you the most money. Although I suppose  the Cpsa could remove your registered status for rule breeches.:)

Jasper.

Edited by jasper682

On 3/26/2018 at 15:45, DanBettin said:

Apologies!! I thought I'd replied to this. Rude of me considering all of the replies were so helpful.

The shoot was called off because of poor weather last weekend.

I'm based in the North-West and there are a few more events coming up in the coming weeks so I'm looking forward to attending one.

Regarding classifications - I guess I wouldn't be eligible for best in class prizes since I don't have a class yet? Or do they do the same but for unclassified shooters?

Thanks again, really helpful

Might be a tad early to cast your eyes on the prize money, its  a hard fought contest on any given sunday.

40 minutes ago, Rupert said:

Might be a tad early to cast your eyes on the prize money, its  a hard fought contest on any given sunday.

I'm not, not yet anyway - as I said I was just wondering. Was at Worsley the other day and struggled with a few of the stands (I'm assuming they keep the same set-up for the comps?)

22 hours ago, stevo said:

Here read this , it will answer all your questions regarding the classification system

https://www.cpsa.co.uk/classifications/common-classification-questions

22 hours ago, grrclark said:

That's the best approach, just give it a go.  If you are unsure about anything when you get to the ground just ask, almost everybody will be happy to point you in the right direction.

The other thing to remember is that the only person that is caring about your score and how you shoot is yourself, nobody else is judging you or questioning your right to be there, so if you are at all worried about being out of your depth or the like then no need at all.

Get wired in and good luck.

Thanks mate! I'm looking forward to it.

15 hours ago, Savage10FP said:

I'm at Worsley Friday! Shooting for  10.00 if you like some company??

Based in Manchester myself and I mainly shoot Old Glossop, Kingsley moor, Catton Hall with the odd trip thrown in for Oakedge ???

Would be great to meet up mate but I'm possibly shooting 12 onwards, not sure if you're still about then? Still have to confirm plans with the boss. If I can make it earlier I'll let you know, appreciate the offer. I've been shooting for a few years now, still haven't been to any of those grounds you mentioned and keep meaning to! Tried Worsley, Owl's Hoot, Kelbrook, NWSS and a few down south (H&H etc.). I see Old Glossop have a lot of registered comps on, I imagine I'll be there soon enough.

14 hours ago, webber said:

As you are based in Manchester you could consider trying Rixton & Astley Shooting Club at Astley near Leigh M29 7EW

We don't shoot competitions, but we do have a 100 bird shoot with currently 10 stands and 2 practice stands, with targets to suit all abilities.

We shoot fortnightly, shoot dates can be found on our website   http://www.astleygunclub.co.uk    click the events button.

We next shoot on Sunday 1st. April

Cafe opens at 9am.  Shooting commences at 10am.  Last entries 1pm.  No wad restrictions.

webber

I do keep meaning to venture down, it's probably your good self I've spoken to on the phone a couple of times when I've left it far too late on days you don't even shoot haha my bad. I've heard really good things about Rixton & Astley so will be attending as soon as I can, hopefully in a couple of weeks.

1 minute ago, 100milesaway said:

No they  don't keep the same targets for a comp.. That would be a distinct advantage to someone shooting their home ground. Good for massaging club members egos but you wont learn a lot at a ground like that.. from Auntie.

Good, I like a challenge.

15 hours ago, DanBettin said:

Thanks mate! I'm looking forward to it.

Would be great to meet up mate but I'm possibly shooting 12 onwards, not sure if you're still about then? Still have to confirm plans with the boss. If I can make it earlier I'll let you know, appreciate the offer. I've been shooting for a few years now, still haven't been to any of those grounds you mentioned and keep meaning to! Tried Worsley, Owl's Hoot, Kelbrook, NWSS and a few down south (H&H etc.). I see Old Glossop have a lot of registered comps on, I imagine I'll be there soon enough.

I do keep meaning to venture down, it's probably your good self I've spoken to on the phone a couple of times when I've left it far too late on days you don't even shoot haha my bad. I've heard really good things about Rixton & Astley so will be attending as soon as I can, hopefully in a couple of weeks.

Good, I like a challenge.

Keep us posted! Been shooting reg comps last couple of years! I'm nothing special! (I shot 5yrs at local level! Big eye opener attending reg comps) Just enjoy the shooting and keep trying to improve! I'll sooth the nerves, any comments you may hear? Will be purely aimed at me and my gun lol 

The clubs I have mentioned all put good shoots on! Catton Hall is my nemesis club! ?????

On 27/03/2018 at 19:58, jasper682 said:

Granted. But I for one am getting fed up of following wurzel and his 10 mates around a shoot  when I  paid for a Cpsa members only shoot. I guess as a ground you'll have to chose which set of customers brings you the most money. Although I suppose  the Cpsa could remove your registered status for rule breeches.:)

Jasper.

The CPSA are that hard over on this rule that at the premier league shoots where the CPSA run the cards on this registered sporting shoot they have a non CPSA members booking system!!!