shooting in St Leonards ....2 dead....

BSA-airgunner

1 hour ago, bostonmick said:

It does not really matter if it was a licensed gun or not. The anti gun brigade will be on the case. 

I was referring to the point of “calls to tighten up licencing”. 

It'll make all the difference in the world if it was licenced or not, if it was a licence holder then it looks terrible on us. 

If it was someone with an illegally held gun, then it’s what shooters have been arguing for years - licencing Guns has no effect on those who don’t care about the licencing laws. 

The anti-gun brigade will always be on the case, with or without shootings. They’re the same people who is shooting was banned would go onto the next campaign of complaining - it’s part of their identity. Pertetual complainers and moaners who want to force everyone to try and live by their rules (only when it suits them). 

It still makes no difference. Everytime there is an incident with a unlicensed /illegal gun the government  start talking about tightening the licensing goes laws on the sportsmen of this country. After the terror attack in France the then home  secretary Mrs may was all prepared to go to Europe with proposals to further restrict private ownership of guns. 

Edited by bostonmick
Predict text

Spot on Mick,easier to bash us on the head than stop people buying an AK 47 for £200 wasnt it in down town Brussels and bring it through our undermanned overexposed border,s .

The families of the victims must be distraught and whatever the "facts " behind the killings 2 lives lost here.Hope there,s no knee jerk reaction whatever the cause but your both right the anti brigade will use this as a club to beat us with and not because they care about the poor victims but because headline news aids their cause which is human nature at it,s worse

I can remember the days of the 10/6p gun licence that could be obtained at the Post Office, you bought the gun then bought the licence.
Nobody ever asked to see your licence and gun crime was a mere drop in the ocean.

It all comes down to a general lack of don't give a ****.  Don't care about the law, i'll do as I want.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.  No deterrant, no bother.

Edited by das