The Cat meets the Viper tamed by the Belita.

dbarnard

Gay as!! I must be missing something here - unless you have a fetish for pseudo military guns with a view to playing GI Joe in your local woods, what does this gun do at well over a grand that , for example, the S200 doesn't. And lets not play silly games suggesting things like shot count unless you can, hand on heart, say that you have run out of Air while hunting or that old Magazine writers fantasy of being more manoeuvrable in a tight situation (such as the office store room?)....come ooooooon, really? No disrespect to you, dbarnard, but I don't get it and this forum needs a good debate :friends:.

everybody sould  drive a ford focus ..surely its all the car every one could ever need. ?? 

No ? 

Same argument .

People are individuals and they like (and can afford) different things .

Ps my £1000 fx wildcat can drop rabbits at 90 yds. So it was worth that .

To me .:whistling:

Come on Bruno it's whatever floats your boat, not my cup of bovril either but I imagine it's quite comfortable. I'd be more worried about the scope mounting looking half on half off.

Id rather an ftp900 but that's not everyone's ideal either 

Beat me to it was just about to sign off with "over to you Ultrastu" 

Well the airarms 200 .is lost when it comes to stock fit (terrible imo.) And its a single shot so no fast reload .and its not regged and has a flimsy bolt and scope mount naff trigger. .there are lots to stop me from ever buying one .

Mines bigger than everyones :yahoo:

As it happens....the bobcat is quite a nice gun to handle....one of the most comfortable stocks I have had the pleasure of holding....

you tactical.....I say not....have seen a lot more military looking guns out there

this is my ratting set up......I will post later my FAC set up I use for rabbiting once I have watched the mighty seagulls dump man untd out of the cup ......

then you can give me your lovely views on that......

ohh.....and for the s200......I think they are one ugly broom stick that should be confined to the broom cupboard 

and please.....don’t use the word .....GAY......just because I come from Brighton......x........

Edited by dbarnard

2 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Well the airarms 200 .is lost when it comes to stock fit (terrible imo.) And its a single shot so no fast reload .and its not regged and has a flimsy bolt and scope mount naff trigger. .there are lots to stop me from ever buying one .

atb

Mines bigger than everyones :yahoo:

No Ultrastu My fac .303 is bigger than yours!!!!!!!!:lol:

atb brian

.25 puffgun with 45 fl/lb? just thinking of the trajectory makes me want to hum "somewhere over the rainbow". As for the S200 being ugly all I can say is that it's main design brief was not winning Beauty Shows but to put pellets in the same place time and time again at sensible ranges and for few Beer tokens - bit like the A10 Tankbuster "ugly, but well hung" as the yanks say. If you want something nice to look at buy a puppy not a Bullpup.

But all air rifle are capable of putting pellet on pellet.....if I want to spend my money on a gun that I like, is comfortable to hold, shoulders comfortably, fits me better than a lot of other guns that I have the pleasure/misfortune to have owned, that is my choice.

The Bobcat does what I need it to do. There are other guns out there that could do the same job, but, the Bobcat fits and suits me better.

17 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

everybody sould  drive a ford focus ..surely its all the car every one could ever need. ?? 

No ? 

Same argument .

People are individuals and they like (and can afford) different things .

Ps my £1000 fx wildcat can drop rabbits at 90 yds. So it was worth that .

To me .

I’ve got a focus, but a titanium focus ? haha

Two bits of of class finishing was the difference. The Albion again gave a good account of themselves against a very poor man untd performance. There seems to be something wrong at the moment at old Trafford. With the players they have, they just do not seem to be playing like a united team. 

Basic fact of accuracy is that a scope should be as close to the barrel as possible (line of sight - line of flight), even more important with the loopy low powered Airgun trajectory - how did the designers at FX forget this basic principle unless they were more concerned with appearance than functionality. OK using an M17 on a terrorist at 60 yards with a reasonably high velocity round but sub 12ft/lb on Nutty Nutkins at 30? - harks back to fantasy land.

8 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Basic fact of accuracy is that a scope should be as close to the barrel as possible (line of sight - line of flight), even more important with the loopy low powered Airgun trajectory - how did the designers at FX forget this basic principle unless they were more concerned with appearance than functionality. OK using an M17 on a terrorist at 60 yards with a reasonably high velocity round but sub 12ft/lb on Nutty Nutkins at 30? - harks back to fantasy land.

Thats either a joke or your just trying  wind him up .

Please stop 

IMG_20180318_093635.jpg

.177 airarms both red and blue lines  same everything except scope height. 

See how the higher scope alows a more forgiving range estimation further out .

Where range estimation is naturally more difficult .

Which is why if you habitually take long range shots , and as long as your stable ,is an advantage over a low scope mount .

My wildcat has a 2.7 inch high scope and this helps with long range shots out to 90 yds which is the guns intended perpose 

The opposite is obviously  true and is why bullpups are wrong for close range work. Like ratting. 

Often see  a bloke buy a .22 bullpup for ratting .shooting around 10 yds and they wonder why they cant hit any .its cos the scope is too high abive the bore .

You NEED it as close as possible.