The Cat meets the Viper tamed by the Belita.

dbarnard

What sort of shooting do you use your fx for .? 

If its general allround hunting with shots between  15 and 45 yds you will be fine as you are . (No suprise there then ) 

Out of interest how high is the scope above the bore ? 

Bullpups can struggle with a hft course .

Especially if the setters are in the habit of setting very close  targets with tiny kills .Before  i shoot a comp i practice my close range stuff more then the long shots  .i practice. 8 ,9, 10 , 12 , 15 ,22 yds shots the most with 8 mm kill zones. 

And i use a scope set a 1.5 inch high .

Edited by Ultrastu

OK then - just suppose that you were firing from the hip ( bear with me ) but were still using a scope at eye level - the sight line and flight line will still cross at 2 points but the impact point of the pellet would be vastly different either side of these "zero" points - you would need to allow far more hold over/under than you would if the scope were as tight to the barrel as possible. High mounted scope better at longer ranges?? might be but we don't get vermin habitually determined to appear at such precise distances - when using Airguns with limited power and thus loopy flight you need to keep hold over/under as small as possible and allow yourself a better chance of hitting small targets such as Nutty's head within your limited range. ps  Winnie and Bezza if you really have a Titanium Focus we need pictures or are you just blowing smoke? pps Just noticed that the OP is from Brighton so cannot help but wonder if he only bought the Bullpup because full length Sequined Gunslips are so expensive? 

Edited by bruno22rf

23 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Just noticed that the OP is from Brighton so cannot help but wonder if he only bought the Bullpup because full length Sequined Gunslips are so expensive? 

Not expensive....just can’t find them in a colour to match my eyes..... :hmm:.....

IMG_20180318_142131.jpg

There u go .the trajectory / inrelation to your scope lune of sight .for the same 177 sub 12 exacts .with a 12 inch high scope . (Most it will do ) 

As you can see .if you want to shoot only between 35 -70 yds. You can effectively aim bang on .with no hold over or under .ie for long range shooting .

But for closer that 35 yds your realy gonna struggle to hit owt. 

Having to apply 8 inches of hold over for a 10 yd rat. 

Christ there's some BS been written on this subject.

If everyone bought an identical (same type) regulated S410. How popular would this thread be??? It wouldn't.....

The same thing could be said about a car. I hate some makes and models of cars, but that's 'THEIR' choice! Get a grip folks! It's the peoples choice, whatever that choice may be..... And for whatever reason they make that decision.  Get over it sad people! 

Distinct lack of prairie dogs in Brighton Stu - at any range but as you say - any target popping up at close range (as often happens) is really going to p on your strawberries so there is, in fact, no advantage whatsoever in mounting a scope so high - simply fashion over function. BTW thanks Jamie 1e for your considered opinion - a serious view well worth considering :sad1:

If expensive gear from a land run by a feminist government floats your boat then tuck in. My only concern with the Bobcat would be all those little nooks and crannies that could trap dust and muck. Not disputing its performance but it clearly wasnt designed for field use.

7 hours ago, DC177 said:

If expensive gear from a land run by a feminist government floats your boat then tuck in. My only concern with the Bobcat would be all those little nooks and crannies that could trap dust and muck. Not disputing its performance but it clearly wasnt designed for field use.

Steady on DC, that's a constructive comment, only petty comments aloud ?? 

8 hours ago, DC177 said:

My only concern with the Bobcat would be all those little nooks and crannies that could trap dust and muck.

Funny you should mention this. 

I actually did notice this whilst out on a rook shoot yesterday morning. Need to take the stock of and give her a good clean in those rather awkward places.

As for scope height, you should always mount as low as possible, especially with air rifles where the range is relatively short. With longer ranges scope height is less of a factor but you should still mount as low as possible.

Edited by Guest