Dacia Duster

Blackpowder

Just picked up elsewhere that shortly a new commercial vehicle based on the Dacia Duster is coming on the market.  Prices start at under £10.000 for a basic model rising to over £12,000 for a 4 X 4.  Sounds like it shall fill a current niche in the  4 x 4 market.

Blackpowder

I quite like them but they are not that big. My Citroen multispace is cavernous. I have the rear seats out permanently and can get all my trade, dog and shooting gear in. The only issue is its not 4x4. 

1 minute ago, sitsinhedges said:

Only if you're vat registered, I'm not. It does seem like a reasonable 4x4 that gets acceptable fuel economy though compared to something like a Jimny that struggles to get much over 30mph.

Fare point.

9 minutes ago, sitsinhedges said:

Only if you're vat registered, I'm not. It does seem like a reasonable 4x4 that gets acceptable fuel economy though compared to something like a Jimny that struggles to get much over 30mph.

Lack of fuel economy is the Jimny`s greatest failing for a lot of folk,was for me certainly.The Duster has a bit more useable space too.

10 minutes ago, ips said:

I quite like them but they are not that big. My Citroen multispace is cavernous. I have the rear seats out permanently and can get all my trade, dog and shooting gear in. The only issue is its not 4x4. 

Fare point.

Much like my Berlingo L2, fantastic bit of kit that ticks so many boxes including being large enough to take my quad, but not 4x4.

1 minute ago, matone said:

Lack of fuel economy is the Jimny`s greatest failing for a lot of folk,was for me certainly.The Duster has a bit more useable space too.

Having a tiny fuel tank just made it seem even worse.

You seen the new one as of sept 18. Still no 4x4 but has fancy traction control thing and 8 speed auto . How they got 130bhp out of a 1.6 diesel i have no idea.

Mine is the xtr pseudo off roader, i love it but a 4x4 option would be fabulous

3 minutes ago, ips said:

You seen the new one as of sept 18. Still no 4x4 but has fancy traction control thing and 8 speed auto . How they got 130bhp out of a 1.6 diesel i have no idea.

Mine is the xtr pseudo off roader, i love it but a 4x4 option would be fabulous

Is that the one with limited slip diff? I looked at one of those but they only do it in standard Berlingo length so I wouldn't get my quad in.

20160806_122650.jpg

Why someone can`t make a simple 4x4 van for sensible £££ is beyond me! The market potential must be fairly huge for a medium van with a system such as the Honda CRV MK1 /2 had,just enough to keep you moving when 2 won`t do ,as opposed to serious bogwheeling.

5 hours ago, sitsinhedges said:

Is that the one with limited slip diff? I looked at one of those but they only do it in standard Berlingo length so I wouldn't get my quad in.

20160806_122650.jpg

The new one come out sept 18 and is now available in long wheelbase ?

6 hours ago, matone said:

Why someone can`t make a simple 4x4 van for sensible £££ is beyond me! The market potential must be fairly huge for a medium van with a system such as the Honda CRV MK1 /2 had,just enough to keep you moving when 2 won`t do ,as opposed to serious bogwheeling.

What’s “sensible” http://www.ssangyonggb.co.uk/news/ssangyong-launches-rexton-cse-van-with-new-22-litre-euro-6-diesel-engine/22131

7 hours ago, matone said:

There is loads of 4x4 vans, they don’t import them to the UK 

Not wishing to derail the OP's original thread, but on the question of the Duster, does anyone own one and use it off road. If so, what are they like, only I was thinking of getting one, probably two to three years old. Have they been out long enough to give any indication of long term problems ?

Thanks for any replies and apologies for not sticking to the original post.

OB

4 hours ago, matone said:

Pity !

Yes for sure, we have a Vito sport and they do the exact same van in 4x4 in Sweden etc, I have a 4x4 sprinter which is bit extreme! I’m thinking on changing the Vito for a transporter 4motion unless the release 4x4 Vito, but I don’t think they will. 

But mentioned above is berlingo vans, they also come in 4x4, all the post vans in north Scotland are 4x4 berlingo 

7 hours ago, johnnytheboy said:

Yes for sure, we have a Vito sport and they do the exact same van in 4x4 in Sweden etc, I have a 4x4 sprinter which is bit extreme! I’m thinking on changing the Vito for a transporter 4motion unless the release 4x4 Vito, but I don’t think they will. 

But mentioned above is berlingo vans, they also come in 4x4, all the post vans in north Scotland are 4x4 berlingo 

I think they must have been converted, there is a company in france i think who convert can't remember the name.

I am not aware of a off the shelf 4x4 berlingo ?

16 minutes ago, ips said:

I think they must have been converted, there is a company in france i think who convert can't remember the name.

I am not aware of a off the shelf 4x4 berlingo ?

I know you can buy them on the continent but only the limited slip diff version over here. The Forestry Commission use them.