Stainless steel rods

Cosd

5 hours ago, Fatcatsplat said:

Cosd - In all honesty, look on ebay. I got some great flat skewers around 20 inches x 3/4 inch - Dozen for less than £20. Stainless steel and I use them in my tandoor oven and on the grill. Had them 2 years and they are still perfect.

Yep got those as well. 

As said earlier, I already have a whole load of various skewers, I have around 30 normal size skewers (approx 400mm plus handle), 6 skewers which are about 1m long, a dozen of the flat type you mentioned, a whole bunch of various wire grills, plus some odds and ****.

These ones I'm looking for....................... I just need......because I do :)

5 hours ago, Fatcatsplat said:

Cosd - In all honesty, look on ebay. I got some great flat skewers around 20 inches x 3/4 inch - Dozen for less than £20. Stainless steel and I use them in my tandoor oven and on the grill. Had them 2 years and they are still perfect.

Mate, if they're stainless they'll last a lifetime; I've had some of mine some 25 years now. My uncle made my BBQ for me in Cyprus and sent it over for me, it's made of 3mm Stainless Steel, approximately 1m long by 350wide and lined with heat bricks; Thats over 20 years old!

Edited by Cosd

I needed 12 lenghs of 16 mm dia brushed stainless steel bar .720 mm long for a job I was quoting for and a place on ebay quoted £150 + the dreaded. So I sent the quote and got the job. A week later a woman from the same company contacted me saying I would have to pay £140 extra + you know what for polishing!!! I told them to stuff it!!