When is a holiday not a holiday

Jaymo

1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

Answer?

When your name is Lloyd90 and your in Australia, yet posting on PW

Come on Lloyd, enjoy the sunshine and put the phone down......

I’m busy when I’m out doing stuff ??

I’d just rather come on here when I’m sat at home with the in-laws in the evening alright ?

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Or when you are flying the plane!

Moi?

Oh you know me too well already :-)

Lloyd- now you have used the dreaded ‘outlaws’ word I now fully appreciate your reasons— when I have to do visits I tend to find excuses to take the kids of to places that we wouldn’t normally go to, just to gain some distance.

Mr ShootingEgg, do I really have to point out that the original topic was made in jest........

I’m never away from internet use when on holiday. I don’t do sunbathing at all.

My two favourite (regular) holidays are not holidays.... but I wouldn’t change them  

Winter -

Skiing - in pain and suffering (legs) in the freezing cold. 

Summer - 

Florida - walking miles and queuing in the most ridiculous humid heat.  

If you don’t mind me asking.  Where are you in Oz?

4 hours ago, markm said:

I’m never away from internet use when on holiday. I don’t do sunbathing at all.

My two favourite (regular) holidays are not holidays.... but I wouldn’t change them  

Winter -

Skiing - in pain and suffering (legs) in the freezing cold. 

Summer - 

Florida - walking miles and queuing in the most ridiculous humid heat.  

If you don’t mind me asking.  Where are you in Oz?

I’m the same Mark - ginger as an orangutan - so the last thing I’d want to do is be sat outside in the sun, I think I might actually burst into flames ?

Im off to the water park today so no phones there!! 

Im in Perth mate. I was hoping to do more shooting but the gun shop informed me many of the guided hunts on this side have folded :( 

I did however manage to go to a hand gun range, not as good as America but was still great fun :) 

also a friend we know has offered to take me ‘roo shooting’ on his family farm if we visit again, we couldn’t do it this time as he was off to work in the prisons. 

Edited by Lloyd90

14 hours ago, Scully said:

I think this forum can be quite addictive; I've always checked in now and then when on holiday. Am off to Italy on Monday but will still be calling in now and again....maybe. 

where are you going? I'm from Italy (Florence) and happy to give you any advise! 

1 hour ago, old man said:

Ahem, according to popular opinion, a holiday is not a holiday when one is a teacher.

Off now!

Can we please stop having a pop at teachers at every opportunity

Just arrived back from taking the husky for a long walk. It has been doing its fruit since 5.00 AM. White stuff everywhere, local roads sheet ice. Wife travelling back from Cornwall to Staffs, she is not happy and apparently it is my fault!! I need a holiday.

Silver lining - at least it happened on a Sunday so there are lots of disgruntled teachers out there 

2 hours ago, Howling Hound said:

Can we please stop having a pop at teachers at every opportunity

Just arrived back from taking the husky for a long walk. It has been doing its fruit since 5.00 AM. White stuff everywhere, local roads sheet ice. Wife travelling back from Cornwall to Staffs, she is not happy and apparently it is my fault!! I need a holiday.

Silver lining - at least it happened on a Sunday so there are lots of disgruntled teachers out there 

Schools closed tomorrow?