Rotary problem

hello, what motor is on the rotary, ? on mine there is a plastic screw head and being a sealed unit i would think you can add some oil ? maybe a PW member has taken theirs apart with the same problem, i also put an o ring on the spline shaft to stop any dirt getting down the recess of the casing 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

As above but also worth checking the nut on the motor shaft is tight and secure , it can happen that if the battery is connected the wrong way round even for a very short time the motor shaft nut can become lose, stripping the shaft teeth resulting in grinding, whirring and the arms stopping.

17 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, what motor is on the rotary, ? on mine there is a plastic screw head and being a sealed unit i would think you can add some oil ? maybe a PW member has taken theirs apart with the same problem, i also put an o ring on the spline shaft to stop any dirt getting down the recess of the casing 

hello, where did your dad buy it eddy

Damaged cable, loose connection, faulty switch, is it wired through a timer-if so is it the timer causing it, has any wet got into the motor while its been stored, could be corrosion on the armature, try a squirt of WD40 into the motor if you can get access to the brushes and windings, put some on the bearings as well in case they have some rust in them, its a very simple assembly , it shouldn't take too much to find the fault. best of luck

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 09:24, jcbbracken said:

if its the light weight one from a1 decoys its the gears have broken in the motor there not man enough

I had a problem with a lightweight one, it was OK with hypa flaps, but when I started putting dead bird on it it gave up wrecked the gears inside. changed to a heavyweight one made from a wiper motor two years old and going strong, been out in all weathers , I just give it a spray with

2 hours ago, Wooder said:

I had a problem with a lightweight one, it was OK with hypa flaps, but when I started putting dead bird on it it gave up wrecked the gears inside. changed to a heavyweight one made from a wiper motor two years old and going strong, been out in all weathers , I just give it a spray with

I have got a really old one made from a wiper motor , my mate gave it to me around 12 / 15 years ago and I can run it all day if I want to  on a golf buggy battery  , I would say it is nigh on bullet prof , out in all weather condition and I believe it have two speeds depending on what terminal you put connector on . a quick spray with w d 40 is a full service , if it aint broke then there is no need to mend it .:yes: