Golf gti

Farmboy91

Obviously not going to to be my go to shoot vehicle but has anyone on here got a mk6 or a mk7 gti? 

I've got a mk7 2.0 tdi blue motion at the minute which on work and back returns 65 + mpg no problem. 

Obviously the gti is not gonna get any where near that but an idea on realistic running cost would be helpful. 

Thanks all. 

11 hours ago, bornfree said:

i had one of the last mk5s an edition 30. and it varied between 28 and 32MPG depending on how playful i was. but i think the mk6s were a little more economical.

Thanks for info! 

I had a mk5 GT 170 sport which was a quick car, the mk7 is nice I just miss having a sporty motor lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2018 at 21:20, tweedledee said:

have had a mk5 gti for the past 10 years....2 cars first one 05 and now an 08..id safely say they do mid 30s and touch 40 if drove really easy..mk6 is a little better

Sorry for the late reply but thanks also. 

My mk5 GT only used to do 57 if I was on a run and super careful so I think I could live with the low 40's.

• 3 weeks later...

40 plus mpg out of a golf GTI, a lot of diesels struggle to get that mpg. 

Had a 55 premier TypeR EP3 that was a lot lighter than the golf and the only way to get over 40mpg would be to take out of gear and coast down every incline. Friends with GTIs said the best they got was around 36 on a long run at normal speeds. 

Only way to know is go on a VW forum or GTI golf forum and see what most people are getting out of the mk7 in normal every day driving. I would be surprised if they average anymore than other marks of golfs have. 

Edited by figgy