Greener GP dating

Micko51

Hi

I have just purchased a 12g Greener GP shotgun.  It is in good condition and fires well>

According to the proof marks it is from between 1922 and 1954.  The serial number stamped on the receiver is 4039.  Under the forehand there is a T8 stamp on one side and a script u on the other.

Could anyone please help me to date this gun.

Cheers

According to Nigel Brown's 'British Gunmakers Vol.2', that serial number puts it between 1925 & 1926 if that's any help. 

I will have a closer look later in Graham Greener's 'the Greener Story' but a cursory glance shows no more information than the above.

OB

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
11 hours ago, Wayne Lionel Jones said:

Anyone help with this...not a conventional greener as i have searched...has 30 inch ribbed barrel like the trap model, but does not have trap model on the receiver...furniture is something i have never seen...perhaps a custom stock ?...perhaps i have a heinz 57...lol...any help appreciated...

Thanks,

Wayne...

A photo and the serial number may help with identification and dating if you get the chance.

OB