Greenstuff Pads

Westward

My pads will need replacing fairly soon and brakes are the one area of the car where I prefer to do my own maintenance. I'll replace the pads all round while I'm at it but there are dozens of brands available, some cheap some not, some known names like Ferodo or Delphi, but I'm tempted by EBC Greenstuff pads. I don't plan to replace the discs as the car is under warranty until next January, so are the EBC pads as good as they claim and is it okay to fit them with the original equipment discs?

11 hours ago, Westward said:

My pads will need replacing fairly soon and brakes are the one area of the car where I prefer to do my own maintenance. I'll replace the pads all round while I'm at it but there are dozens of brands available, some cheap some not, some known names like Ferodo or Delphi, but I'm tempted by EBC Greenstuff pads. I don't plan to replace the discs as the car is under warranty until next January, so are the EBC pads as good as they claim and is it okay to fit them with the original equipment discs?

Yes, contact;

E B C Brake & Clutch Centre
 Unit 3 Old Stables
Southfield Avenue
Far Cotton
Northampton
NN4 8AQ

Telephone:    01604 706377

Seek their advice, they are very knowledgeable and very helpful.

I used their Green Pads on the road and then uprated to the Red Track Day Pads, proper good and you could rely on them. I initially fitted them against the original discs but then bought a pair of their own discs and that improved things yet again.

Please let us know what you fit.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Additional information

15 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Does not replacing original parts with non original parts, void the warranty?

Valid question. Mazda advise that a claim for problems traceable to faulty pads would not be covered but the overall warranty would be unaffected.

4 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I used their Green Pads on the road and then uprated to the Red Track Day Pads, proper good and you could rely on them. I initially fitted them against the original discs but then bought a pair of their own discs and that improved things yet again.

Thanks for that. EBC on line have a few quid off the right pads and free carriage so I'll get some now and fit them when the weather's a bit kinder.

• 5 months later...
On 19/03/2018 at 07:21, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Finally got around to fitting them a couple of weeks ago. The discs were in very good shape with minimal wear on the front ones and almost none on the rear, so I didn't replace them. The pads slotted in without problems and there was even a sachet of slider grease enclosed in the box. Nice touch!

The pads have a special surface layer to condition the discs as part of the bedding in and after a couple of hundred miles gentle braking followed by a few heavier slow downs to finish off I'm left very pleased with how they perform. IDK if the ultimate stopping power is any better but the brakes certainly feel more linear and controlled.

I do a lot of miles on country roads and you just never know what you might meet round the next bend...🚜