Beretta A400?

wildfowler.250

I currently have the A400 xtreme. I used to have an xtrema 2 kick off. First of all I only use my guns for clay shooting and wanted the softest shooting semi-auto available, and the Beretta ticked all the boxes.

I put a lot of shells through the xtrema 2 and it worked very well, although I did start to get the odd jam with the shell not feeding properly and jamming on the edge of the chamber.

I personally prefer my A400 extreme. I prefer the kick off feature being behind the grip as opposed to on the butt as I felt the extrema 2 could feel a bit bouncy when fired.

The A400 has a slightly shorter receiver (23mm) than the extrema 2 so the gun is a bit shorter overall which I like. I've had the gun for a year now buying mine second hand for £1200 and I'm delighted with it, the only modification I've made being the addition of a Briley e-zee bolt release button which really makes the bolt release easy to operate.

Very happy with mine, mainly used for pigeon shooting but even with really heavy loads it's a soft shooting gun.

I haven't used the older model so can't compare unfortunately. If you've used one, you'll know it isn't overly heavy but not particularly light either, but that's one of the reasons I went for it, that might be a deal breaker for someone else though.

Very reliable and I particularly like the matt finish on the barrel.

Forgot to add, they can be stripped down including the trigger mechanism in zero time; Sounds silly but the quick release forend cap is excellent  

Edited by Cosd