Another Golden Eagle death!

panoma1

It seems a member of the public has found the remains of another dead Golden Eagle in Scotland, a post mortem examination has revealed it was killed, not by Grousemoor keepers but by.......another Eagle!........I bet the RSPB et al are beside themselves? That the public now know Eagles and other raptors can die from causes other than "gunshot wounds" and spitting feathers they can't blame this particular "wildlife crime" on shooting! 

See this statement issued today from Scottish Gamekeepers Association. https://news.scottishgamekeepers.co.uk/2018/03/sga-statement-golden-eagle-pentlands.html

One of the reasons I joined SGA, and left BASC, was I felt that the SGA had a little more "teeth".  Whilst BASC generally "welcome" the latest veiled attack on shooting and th eopportunity to work together blah blah blah, the SGA generally get stuck in with some stronger language.  I don't want to turn this into a BASC-bashing thread, but we need something to counter the bile from RSPB, raptorphiles, Peckam, Avery et al.

3 hours ago, Piebob said:

See this statement issued today from Scottish Gamekeepers Association. https://news.scottishgamekeepers.co.uk/2018/03/sga-statement-golden-eagle-pentlands.html

One of the reasons I joined SGA, and left BASC, was I felt that the SGA had a little more "teeth".  Whilst BASC generally "welcome" the latest veiled attack on shooting and th eopportunity to work together blah blah blah, the SGA generally get stuck in with some stronger language.  I don't want to turn this into a BASC-bashing thread, but we need something to counter the bile from RSPB, raptorphiles, Peckam, Avery et al.

Good for them. ? I often think it would perhaps be a worthwhile cause to campaign for comparative public apologies/retractions to be made by those individuals or groups if it is found their accusations are unfounded. As it stands, high profile accusations found to be unfounded or mistaken; even those maliciously made, are never given that same level of profile, if even they are acknowledged at all. 

Extremely annoying. ?