conveyancing

leeds chimp

11 minutes ago, Swinton said:

You are better using a local one .otherwise it could take longer .they will have to contact you by post then you will have to go to sign the final docs 

We did this last time, much easier when you can pop in face to face.

Don't touch online conveyancers with a very long barge pole. I nearly lost a house I was buying once because the seller had gone for the cheapest online option. You couldn't make up just how incompetent they were and how awful the service was. 

Local solicitor is always best, their service comes with accountabilities that no other service can. 

I agree with the above comment from SO3isme, it's in the agent's interests to promote a quick, efficient local firm. 

On 21/03/2018 at 13:24, Thunderbird said:

Don't touch online conveyancers with a very long barge pole. I nearly lost a house I was buying once because the seller had gone for the cheapest online option. You couldn't make up just how incompetent they were and how awful the service was. 

Local solicitor is always best, their service comes with accountabilities that no other service can. 

I agree with the above comment from SO3isme, it's in the agent's interests to promote a quick, efficient local firm. 

This. Although lots of agents are in schemes where they get referral fees for placing punters with bucketshop mobs staffed by kids and which operate from industrial estates in the middle of nowhere.

It’s the most amount of money you’ll spend in one go in your life so don’t try and  do it on the cheap. Monkeys and peanuts and all that.

We had 9 months of conveyancing hell buying our current house with an online firm. It wasn't a straightforward transaction in fairness and their fees were way in excess of the initial quote but still worked out cheaper than the local solicitors we'd used before!