Lead flashing

Dougy

Any welding? 

Existing chases good?

Any pointing?

Slate or tile?

Flashing and soakers?

Width and code of lead required?

All have an impact but none should mean that it's more than 1 days work for 2 men (h&s)

I don't usually do anything that's less than a day unless it can wait until we have a few small bits to do to make up a full day.

Lead is not cheap! 

Interesting to know what you have been quoted.

Edd

Just seen the price. Sounds fair.

Edd

Edited by eddoakley

Cheers Edd, i went a bit suspicious when the chap was asked to quote for a flat roof, he automatically mentioned about replacing timbers, which I doubt would need replacing as I put them down. 3/4 marine ply new tilt fillets all round with a coat of bitumen and sealed all round. Also new firring strips then 2 layers of roofing felt.  It done well for 20 years until some builder did some work next door and removed the bricks that the felt was fixed into and put it back loose.  And it's now split along the edge. 

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 20:12, Dougy said:

Thanks, I've been quoted 650 for new guttering and flashing, so probably an ok kind of price. Gutter will need new brackets it's old cast iron so been there a while, 

Almost certainly going to need new facia boards. I've yet to see cast iron guttering come down and the wood behind it being anything other than totally rotten. Most builders will be replacing it with cheapest pine they can find but that's only a ten to 20 year fix maximum.

If that suits you fine, if not 3/4 marine ply is more expensive but not that much more, 8x4 sheet cut into strips could be about same price give or take, and  better value cost v benefit. Should last 50 years. 

Edited by Vince Green

No facia boards, cast iron brackets into brick. It's 130 years old, they didn't no anything about facia boards in them days. 

5 minutes ago, old man said:

Yes bud and Flyboy1950

I'll take some sandwiches and a flask of coffee, it's cheaper.