Hawke scope help

roadkill

I have bought a secondhand hawke endurance scope, they come with fitted metal flip covers. In the manual it mentions a key to use to remove these, however i have no key to do this.. does anyone know any ways to remove these without a key???

Cheers roadkill

Hmmm???  I had them on my Hawkes and I just unscrewed them, like the sunshade tubes.  If they are tight then a piece of cloth tape wrapped around a piece of dowel like you would use to remove the oil filter on an engine should shift them.  A good idea but they just got snagged in everything and had to come off.

You may need to fashion something to go across the 2 slots in the locking ring that sits just inside the cover. If these have been nipped up for a while you need a fair amount of force to shift them by just turning the outer cover. A piece of flat steel will work with a drop of light oil on the threads before you start. 

They're come with a U shaped tool to lock them in differing sizes depending on the size of ocular or objective lense.