Yes, I now own an FX Impact!

atyl1972

7 hours ago, lopylui said:

Only in my dreams. Smooth twist or smooth twist X ?

smooth twist x, really dubious now though as I went to a shooting club today to check them out and they weren't too keen on them, trying to recommend Air arms etc as they use a single shot system and Impact doesn't..

2 hours ago, Esca said:

Sub 12?

yes sub 12 in .177 to start then possibly the .22

19 minutes ago, Mice! said:

wouldn't worry about folk saying they do or don't like what you've got, everyone seems to like AA, unless you have something else. 

just practice with her and enjoy.

Thanks, I know it shouldn't bother me when others say things like that but as a newbie knowing they know more about shooting just makes em think, just  a little. :good:

8 minutes ago, Mr.C said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

What will you use it for? 

Eventually, hunting but for now simply getting accustomed to it on the ranges.

12 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Fair enough if thats what floats your boat. But airgun technology has moved on massively from the rapid in the last 20 years. 

Im looking at the zobria kozak as my next pcp. 

A very nice package and offers sooo much for a great price. 

IMG_20180322_233722.jpg

looks nice stu, I'm very out of date with new stuff, i would have to do lots of reading before i bought a new rifle these days. You hear so much these days about faults in new guns, makes you wonder who is putting them together.

my new gun is nearly as old as my other? 

On 23/03/2018 at 14:31, atyl1972 said:

Great stuff, how do you manage with a sling, do you use a sling on the rifle?

I don't have a sling. I have looked into variouse methods, but have not come up with a solution I am happy with. I find the Impact comfortable enough to carry, one of the advantages of a bullpup is that it sits comfortaby in your arm.

On 3/22/2018 at 23:34, Ultrastu said:

Fair enough if thats what floats your boat. But airgun technology has moved on massively from the rapid in the last 20 years. 

Im looking at the zobria kozak as my next pcp. 

A very nice package and offers sooo much for a great price. 

IMG_20180322_233722.jpg

Maybe so Stu, but a decent Rapid will hold it's own against any modern rifle for accuracy and shot count, i have several modern Rifles, including Brocock, BSA, Air Arms,FX, but its the Rapid i always reach for because its engineered better easier to maintain and reliable, but not as Fancy looking as the one you have in your Photo, i think the Bullpup Design is clever in the way that you have a short Rifle but the Barrel is still a decent length, most people buy a rifle and want to cut 6" off the barrel to turn it into a Carbine.

yes but that also will have a similar issue regarding the sling I believe.

3 hours ago, Esca said:

I don't have a sling. I have looked into variouse methods, but have not come up with a solution I am happy with. I find the Impact comfortable enough to carry, one of the advantages of a bullpup is that it sits comfortaby in your arm.

Check this guy out in America.