Yes, I now own an FX Impact!

atyl1972

I cant go into it just now .i havent got the energy .

Suffice to say ive waited for a bsa bullpup for years and after an eternity and being left behind by all the other gun manufacturers. Thats what they come up with. :sick:

So sod it .today i bought an older bsa scorpion t10 that im gonna bullpup it myself the way it should be done .

I will take pictures and show and tell 

• 2 weeks later...

I have an Impact .25 FAC and what a superb piece of kit, love it love it love it.

I have a single shot loader for mine but they are not available from FX, mine is a 3d printed one made by a friend on another forum. It is possible that the club you went to does have a policy of single shot rifles and part of that idea is that you have to load for each shot, therefore not having the advantage of getting in the zone with multi shot which will allow you concentrate on the target without the interruption of having to load for each shot...................... join another club.

If I could afford one, I would have a sub 12 Impact as well but the old pension will not run that far ?

Enjoy your new gun and stick to JSB pellets and you will not go far wrong after all, FX only use JSB in all their tests and their own branded pellets are JSB Exact I believe.

Phil

Edited by philpotttt

43 minutes ago, philpotttt said:

I have an Impact .25 FAC and what a superb piece of kit, love it love it love it.

I have a single shot loader for mine but they are not available from FX, mine is a 3d printed one made by a friend on another forum. It is possible that the club you went to does have a policy of single shot rifles and part of that idea is that you have to load for each shot, therefore not having the advantage of getting in the zone with multi shot which will allow you concentrate on the target without the interruption of having to load for each shot...................... join another club.

If I could afford one, I would have a sub 12 Impact as well but the old pension will not run that far ?

Enjoy your new gun and stick to JSB pellets and you will not go far wrong after all, FX only use JSB in all their tests and their own branded pellets are JSB Exact I believe.

Phil

Hey Phil, just a few developments have occurred since, I opted out of the Impact and have now ordered a Crown

Looks like he is in the US or Canada so the rifle will be fac at 82fpe on the Impact.

So you have changed your mind and gone for the Crown, well a very stylish gun but the balance is quite different to the Impact putting for weight forward unlike the Impact which has all the weight between your hands making it very comfortable to carry around and hold very still whilst taking the shot but I am sure you will be happy with your new, new purchase so enjoy it, I will stick with Impacts.

Phil

Edited by philpotttt

25 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Now  your talking .fx in .25 at fac equals amzing. 

My wildcat was shooting groups like this last week at 90 yds. 

And no there isnt flyer holes under my thumb 

I shot 4 groups this size one after the other .

IMG_20180409_214438.jpg

Wow, what is energy level and drop off ( on say 50M zero)

On 4/9/2018 at 19:55, villaman said:

Had a good look at the impact and the crown  on Saturday and fell in love with impact  ,that much so I ordered one in  .25 fac .

Great in the shoulder , very nice feel  and fantastic balance 

Well what did you expect...................................I did tell you. 

Phil

23 hours ago, PPP said:

Wow, what is energy level and drop off ( on say 50M zero)

I zero at 45 yds .

And at 90 yds its a 10 inch drop and at 100 yds a 15 inch drop .

Thats a massive loss of 5 inches for 10 yds between 90 and 100 .

Which is why i limit myself to 90 yds as a maximum range on quarry .

As to be out in range estimation by just  1yd can be a mean a miss . (My range finder  just .isnt accurate enough .) 

Energy is 45 fpe .with kings 

10 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

I zero at 45 yds .

And at 90 yds its a 10 inch drop and at 100 yds a 15 inch drop .

Thats a massive loss of 5 inches for 10 yds between 90 and 100 .

Which is why i limit myself to 90 yds as a maximum range on quarry .

As to be out in range estimation by just  1yd can be a mean a miss . (My range finder  just .isnt accurate enough .) 

Energy is 45 fpe .with kings 

Is 45ftlb at 90 yards? If so this could be a good replacement for 22 lr (limit myself to 80 yards with that due to lack of skill) presumably less ricochet