Airport warning.

Westley

Just read in todays shooting magazine that a woman was stopped at Stansted Airport,  whilst wearing a miniature gun (1" long) necklace. She was not allowed to take it on an aircraft, it being described as an imitation firearm. It then cost her £8 to have it returned upon her arriving back in UK. I know of at least 3 guys that have shotgun design tie pins and some that have cartridge/bullet cuff links, just make sure you leave them at home if leaving the Country.

When on holiday in the states i brought a belt with a buckle in the shape of a 1911 about 3in long put in a small day sack that used for my carry on. Got to the x-ray machine kids & wife went though my turn. Little red light starts flashing guy looks at me did you pack your own bag sir, whats in the bag sir? Two gun carrying cops come up behind me as i;m telling them whats in the bag as i said a belt with a buckle oh ****** :innocent:.. Would sir like to check it in to the hold mean while huge que has formed & swmbo is bright red & giving me daggers :blush:.

Came back unexpectedly from Bloomfontein to Joburg carrying a rifle to the check in. At Bloom a mate sorted booking rifle in as he knew everyone, whilst i sorted luggage and i got on the plane. Get to Joburg and i did not have any paperwork to collect rifle :oops:.  Mega apologies from me and lots of explaining and a simple sweetener sorted it through transit and onto the plane. 

Some of the legislation ( or interpretation of it ) is clearly ridiculous, but have just discovered another snag about taking cabin luggage only. Bought some emery board nail files for the OH this afternoon, and didn’t realise until we got back to the hotel that they’re in that really hard plastic that is almost bullet/bombproof!  Had to ask at reception to borrow some scissors to get in them. ?