Fail !!! Again !!!

Walker570

Went to the same field as Monday with a view to setting up in a different place and hopefully fool the grey hordes.  Arrived and about 200 lifted in the far corner of the big field and the wind had dropped a bit and changed diredtion, so I decided to set up against a electricy pole in the centre of the field.  I had real pigeons only as decoys and wire frames to set them on.  Looked good.  Had one swing round and depart just as I was about to take a sip of coffee:/ AGAIN!! then half a dozen came by at speed from behind and carried on way across and up a small narrow field which runs right into the centre of the village and where the very busy main road forms the top boundary. These four pitched into a tree close to there and within minutes about 100 more dropped in over the village right against the gate to the main road, houses on three sides within 40yrds.  Fired a couple of shots but no chance as I was using the mod Mossy because of the proximty to the village anyway.  Gave it a couple of hours watching others joining the fray so pulled sticks and called in at the farm and told the story. His son was spreading nitrate in the next field so he told him to push them off.    Another field with only one house nearbye is being totally ignored. It is as if they know they are safe up in that corner.   Still good relations confirmed with the farmer who appreciated my efforts.  Think I will go up the AA200 tomorow and take it out on his barn pigeons:yes:.

Edited by Walker570