Cheshire police firearms department

Sent my SGC off on Sat to clear the sale/transfer columns on my cert, rang the department last Fri just to confirm the procedure, very nice young lady told me just send in my SGC with a covering letter explaining what I wanted. Sent of SGC first class recorded on Saturday had my cert returned by this Wednesday 21st. Have to say what great service, we're quick to complain about poor service so we should be as quick to applaud good service. Thanks Cheshire Firearms Department. Well done. 

I have nothing but praise for them, especially on the speed of their turnaround. It just could not be any quicker.

I did have an amusing conversation with them a little while back. I had sold an underlever 9422M and wanted to replace it with a CZ 452 22WMR.

They called me as they were a bit concerned, they said they were happy to allow me to purchase a WMR but how was I ever going to buy ammunition for it when I hadn't asked for WMR ammunition allowance.

I was a bit baffled by the question really. It took a while to figure out what the problem was but they were happy enough when I explained my 22 mag ammunition would be just fine in my WMR. :D

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 06:14, Robden said:

Applied for SGC on the  4th of Feb. Had the visit (all okay) on the 9th March......still waiting. :watch:

1st application always takes longer, could be a number of reasons for it, I've never had a problem and renewal turnaround was very efficient as was a variation I had done.

2 hours ago, scobydog said:

1st application always takes longer, could be a number of reasons for it, I've never had a problem and renewal turnaround was very efficient as was a variation I had done.

My last SGC was about 12 years ago and that took under 3 weeks in Suffolk. Had to let that go though due to living on a boat and travelling around for the next ten years.