FAC air help

Ebony1022

ter a bit of help guys 

bought a BSA s10 FAC off here a while ago and never got chance to try it due to work. Today I managed to get out in the field with it. I had a few problems the first being the zero would not adjust so I put that down to the old scope I had popped on it. Byt then the I realised the power was down. Then all of a sudden the air started coming out the barrel continuously. I removed the bottle and air then came out the bottle until empty!! 

Anyone any ideas l? 

I think seals but not sure what one and also are the normal seals the same as FAC ones

They will be the same... You may need to pop the reg also if it's been sat about without use for a while. Air gets past the seals and pressurises the rear chamber which isn't vented on s10... You may need to shim it too. Seal kits are about £10 for a full set.

Once you have set it up you may find there's no issue with scope.... Also have a look at best fittings they have bottle valves and gauges with quick fills so you don't need to remove bottle

Depending on where you live, a call to Ratworks would be a good move and Airtech is another who is a super tuner but has had some issues so could result in a long wait to get your gun back. The other contact is John Bowkett who is a master when it comes to BSA pcp guns. I must say that I have not used any of these but have been regarded by many as top people.

Hope that helps

Phil

Edited by philpotttt

Send it to john bowkett

He designed it and will blue print it

Tats a full strip and making all the parts to the tolerances only a custom maker could do ..it will come back with all of his test certificates.which will add value and desirability to the gun

Link to work 

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=316502235061325&id=178352388876311

As you have fac it can go straight to john as he iregestered rfd from your rfd

Edited by psycho