World Cup in Russia, yes or no?

panoma1

31 minutes ago, Scully said:

Only when it’s relevant. You suggested the FA and HMG and the EU nations should seriously consider boycotting the games. That doesn’t sound like you’re advocating freedom of choice; that sounds like quite the opposite! Unless I’ve read it wrong of course. 

I can’t understand adults who suggest other adults should or shouldn’t do anything, unless it’s already an offence of course. We’ve just had a small group of people telling Tesco they  shouldn’t be selling red ‘hunting’ costumes. 

Firstly you choose one quote to question, then when you are shown to be wrong, you attempt to confuse things, and 'brush over'  your error by picking another quote to question!.......unfortunately your new question has no relevance to the original one .......so I'll ask again....where did I express the opinion that supporters shouldn't be free to choose?

And perhaps you can explain, what is the relevance of your last paragraph to this thread? Why shouldn't one person express an opinion on whether other people should or shouldn't do anything? It's called freedom of speech......everyone is entitled to express opinion and we are all free to choose to agree or disagree..........just like the England supporters who choose to go (or not to go) to Russia.

59 minutes ago, Westley said:

BUT,  I should be allowed to have that choice  ?? 

I know, it's to do with how they reported the Hillsborough tragedy. But you are 100% right you should have the choice. Unfortunately, the few can make decisions for the masses, just look at what happened in tesco with the fancy dress.

2 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Firstly you choose one quote to question, then when you are shown to be wrong, you attempt to confuse things, and 'brush over'  your error by picking another quote to question!.......unfortunately your new question has no relevance to the original one .......so I'll ask again....where did I express the opinion that supporters shouldn't be free to choose?

And perhaps you can explain, what is the relevance of your last paragraph to this thread? Why shouldn't one person express an opinion on whether other people should or shouldn't do anything? It's called freedom of speech......everyone is entitled to express opinion and we are all free to choose to agree or disagree..........just like the England supporters who choose to go (or not to go) to Russia.

You can split hairs as many times as you want by trying to distract from your initial post,  but it’s plain from that post that you think football fans should be denied the freedom to choose to go to Russia.....and not just UK fans. 

Wrong? Brush over my error? You wrote it....not me! It should be easy to find; it’s the first post in this thread. ?

45 minutes ago, Scully said:

You can split hairs as many times as you want by trying to distract from your initial post,  but it’s plain from that post that you think football fans should be denied the freedom to choose to go to Russia.....and not just UK fans. 

Wrong? Brush over my error? You wrote it....not me! It should be easy to find; it’s the first post in this thread. ?

You still haven't answered the question!.....Where in my original post did I express the opinion that supporters shouldn't be free to choose? Or are you going to continue to avoid answering? :lol:

On 22/03/2018 at 20:23, Scully said:

I’m of the opinion they should be able to choose for themselves. 

I agree. Many people do dangerous hobbies. As long as you're aware of the risks if you want to do it, go ahead.

On 22/03/2018 at 21:21, Yellow Bear said:

Darwinism at it's best 

I agree again. imho you'd have to be barking to actually go. But then again I'm not a footy fanatic, I doubt I'll even watch a single match.

10 hours ago, panoma1 said:

You still haven't answered the question!.....Where in my original post did I express the opinion that supporters shouldn't be free to choose? Or are you going to continue to avoid answering? 

You can argue about what your opinion expresses as much as you want, and add as many laughing emoticons as you want, but your post is there in black and white and your intention is clear. You state that the UK, her majesties government and the EU states should seriously consider boycotting the World Cup. Admittedly I don’t know a great deal about football, but if that happens then I can assume  the England team won’t be there and subsequently that will deny England fans the choice to see them there. 

Whether you specified that intent or not is irrelevant, the outcome of your opinion ( if implemented ) is just that, to remove someone’s freedom of choice. 

Some football fans like a good scrap; let em go and enjoy themselves. ? In my opinion they should have the games then let all those who want to fight to gather in one stadium, lock them in and let them get on with it. It’d be more entertaining than the football and I’d watch for once. ?

1 hour ago, Scully said:

You can argue about what your opinion expresses as much as you want, and add as many laughing emoticons as you want, but your post is there in black and white and your intention is clear. You state that the UK, her majesties government and the EU states should seriously consider boycotting the World Cup. Admittedly I don’t know a great deal about football, but if that happens then I can assume  the England team won’t be there and subsequently that will deny England fans the choice to see them there. 

Whether you specified that intent or not is irrelevant, the outcome of your opinion ( if implemented ) is just that, to remove someone’s freedom of choice. 

Some football fans like a good scrap; let em go and enjoy themselves. ? In my opinion they should have the games then let all those who want to fight to gather in one stadium, lock them in and let them get on with it. It’d be more entertaining than the football and I’d watch for once. ?

Well said that man, after watching the news this morning regarding the match last night against the Dutch, over 100 arrested & booing the Dutch national anthem I can’t wait for the World Cup in Russia & to see how the Russian police handle them. A minority of British football supporters are a bloody disgrace to our country, as to should we stop them go to the World Cup ( NO GIVE THEM FREE PLANE TICKETS ) 

2 hours ago, Scully said:

That the FA (not the UK! ;)) HMG and EU Seriously consider boycotting the Football World Cup in Russia,  isn't advocating a boycott! It's suggesting they consider one. This together with my expressing the opinion that (and giving reasons as to why, safety being the primary one!) I feel England fans shouldn't travel to the World Cup in Russia, doesn't amount to my advocating the removal of someone's freedom of choice!

You can verbally wriggle all you want, you still have not pointed out where in my original post, I expressed the opinion that supporters shouldn't be free to choose?

As to your last paragraph I lump that in with the statement you made in another thread, which amounted to you enjoying shooting because you like killing things! Both of which indicate either moral compass or mental health issues......or both! Lol! :lol:

33 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

That the FA (not the UK! ) HMG and EU Seriously consider boycotting the Football World Cup in Russia,  isn't advocating a boycott! It's suggesting they consider one. This together with my expressing the opinion that (and giving reasons as to why, safety being the primary one!) I feel England fans shouldn't travel to the World Cup in Russia, doesn't amount to my advocating the removal of someone's freedom of choice!

You can verbally wriggle all you want, you still have not pointed out where in my original post, I expressed the opinion that supporters shouldn't be free to choose?

As to your last paragraph I lump that in with the statement you made in another thread, which amounted to you enjoying shooting because you like killing things! Both of which indicate either moral compass or mental health issues......or both! Lol! 

Wriggle wriggle. ?

We can go round and round all you like; you know, I know and everyone reading this thread knows that your suggestion that the games are boycotted amounts to removing the freedom to choose.

If you want to distract from this thread by referring to another in which I’ve posted, then start another thread. You know I’ll come out to play. ??

28 minutes ago, Scully said:

Wriggle wriggle. ?

We can go round and round all you like; you know, I know and everyone reading this thread knows that your suggestion that the games are boycotted amounts to removing the freedom to choose.

If you want to distract from this thread by referring to another in which I’ve posted, then start another thread. You know I’ll come out to play. ??

You obviously don't know:no:........because I didn't suggest that the games are boycotted! :lol: 

On 22/03/2018 at 19:42, panoma1 said:

I am of the opinion that UK supporters shouldn't travel to Russia to support their national football team! I can't see how the Russians can guarantee their safety? The Russian fans have a reputation for violence (as in the past have ours!) I can't see the Russian authorities going out of their way to ensure violence doesn't happen! And can't see them intervening when (rather than if!) it does kick off!

On this basis I think the F A and H M Government should seriously consider boycotting the World Cup and call on our EU and allies to do the same!

Ah.....I see; the first paragraph is merely an opinion, and the last one isn’t a suggestion. 

And you want me to take you seriously! ?

I think we’re finished here. ?

I’d say boycott the World Cup if only in protest that Russia got it at all - corruption so blatant it was over the table, not under the table.

In fairness though, if I thought we stood a chance of winning it I’d have to think harder about the question. By boycotting we’re not actually giving anything up or depriving the Country of anything.

Indeed, if we go to the World Cup and lose in the first round of the competition we’d have blown a decent chance of making the best of a proper boycott (not the other way round) :lol:

24 minutes ago, Scully said:

Ah.....I see; the first paragraph is merely an opinion, and the last one isn’t a suggestion. 

And you want me to take you seriously! ?

I think we’re finished here. ?

Yes! I am of the opinion that England football supporters shouldn't (not shouldn't be allowed to!) travel to Russia, for the reasons I state,  how is this suggesting an individuals right to choose be removed?.........you are still avoiding answering my questions! :lol:

The other sentence you take issue with in my original posting, is my suggestion that a boycott is considered by the authorities.......where, in this sentence, was I advocating the imposition of a boycott?

Being taken seriously is more a problem for yourself, as you seem unable to resist being contrary! I wonder what that problem is:hmm:

I think you are finished too! Lol! 

I've never looked forward to a world cup less than this one. On every conceivable level it feels like it's going to be a dreadful one. I for one would never go. I love football, but not an international level. It's generally underwhelming, but England are about as underwhelming as you can get. I'd be even less tempted to go to this one given Russia's appalling record on things like racism, human rights and hooliganism that are all intertwined in their football culture. Goodness knows how much they had to pay to get this world cup!