Permission wanted

Hi all I'm new to this site and wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction. I'm trying to get land to shoot my shotgun on in the West Midlands, I'm licensed and insured and keen to get out on my own as I have only been shooting with a friend many thanks jason

This question get asked quite a lot on the forum , in reality very few members could give a complete stranger permission to go on someone elses land carrying a shotgun , I have been going on my permissions for a number of years and on some farms I can take the odd person with me when I go but no way would I be allowed to tell that person he could go by himself , so the only advice I could give to Jason g is to start knocking on doors like the way the majority of us started.

On the plus side , there is land to shoot over but you would need to find it , you will get a few knocks on the way but by keep trying the day will come where you have gained your first place to shoot on and the first one is always the hardest one and the rest will get a little easier . GOOD LUCK

22 minutes ago, marsh man said:

This question get asked quite a lot on the forum , in reality very few members could give a complete stranger permission to go on someone elses land carrying a shotgun , I have been going on my permissions for a number of years and on some farms I can take the odd person with me when I go but no way would I be allowed to tell that person he could go by himself , so the only advice I could give to Jason g is to start knocking on doors like the way the majority of us started.

On the plus side , there is land to shoot over but you would need to find it , you will get a few knocks on the way but by keep trying the day will come where you have gained your first place to shoot on and the first one is always the hardest one and the rest will get a little easier . GOOD LUCK

Sound advice. Best of luck.