Lake District Weekend B&B Recoomendation

Salop Matt

35 minutes ago, salop sniper said:

Windermere as we are up in the morning to the 4x4 driving place on the edge of Windermere, not the in Bowness part if I have that right.

ATB

Matt 

I would make sure your digs are on the same side of the lake then, when are you going ? ,as it warms up it gets very busy.

1 hour ago, ips said:

The sun inn between windermere village and ambleside, lake view and close to your 4x4 experience. Or loads of b&b in windermere village itself and the road down to bowness. To be honest your spoilt for choice mate.

I've stayed a couple of times at The Sun Inn, the room at the top of the tower is the one to have, windows on three walls looking out at the views. There's a Velux in the en suite so you can look at the hills whilst having a shower! 

Just now, Ricko said:

I've stayed a couple of times at The Sun Inn, the room at the top of the tower is the one to have, windows on three walls looking out at the views. There's a Velux in the en suite so you can look at the hills whilst having a shower! 

That sounds good, stayed in Windermere a long time ago, doubt you can go wrong, mate stayed at some place with outside hot tub, guess it comes down to budget 

4 hours ago, The gouse said:

The beech hill hotel and spa,

great food and unbelievable views from your room looking over Windermere.

Was about to mention this one earlier but got distracted. ?

I did a lot of work in this hotel over about four weekends one Autumn in which they fed my OH and my kids for free while I worked there. 

The views were stunning and the food was great.