Just a Stag

GREENGRASS

16 minutes ago, GREENGRASS said:

A little late to impress the girls!!!

GG

Just-a-Stag.jpg

Nice photo as usual.

If that's a Wild Red I'd be very concerned about his head gear having seen numerous Terrible suffering caused to Red Stag and Fallow Buck looks like he can feed But a potential hang up in the waiting Fingers crossed he is about to shed ( if photo is recent ) :good:

3 hours ago, 6.5x55SE said:

Nice photo as usual.

If that's a Wild Red I'd be very concerned about his head gear having seen numerous Terrible suffering caused to Red Stag and Fallow Buck looks like he can feed But a potential hang up in the waiting Fingers crossed he is about to shed ( if photo is recent ) :good:

Yes one from this afternoon details attached. A wild one for sure and not on my permission so could not hang about, hopefully he will shed those antlers very soon and I will attempt to get another shot off him.

stag info.PNG

Fallow buck I shot earlier this year , caught in electric fencing ..the amount of them I’ve shot either on my place or on call out is sickening..the wide plastic type is the worst the fallow love to use it to clean on and consequently get tangled ..one of the worst call outs the deer was completely tangled , laying on its side unable to move , tangled with the plastic wire and about six plastic stakes .Despatched , as I went to move it I realised pretty quickly the fence was still live ..by the look of the deer and the mess all around had spent a good part of the night wrapped in the live fence ...

AC65B514-A78A-48F7-8EBE-9139FA1BCB3D.jpeg.45968ead90d0ae8166f3cf25b0b559bd.jpeg