Attack on shooting sites?

pinfireman

Has anyone had trouble accessing certain American  shooting related sites, like Ballist Products, Sportsmans Warehouse, Scheels etc? All sell shooting related products, and in the last few days Google pops up Error message " unknown client address".... these three are not the only ones, so I am beginning to think anti-shooting hackers are at work? Try  to access them, and report back? I have had my pc checked, so the problem is not with me, and trying to get info from Google is like trying to access Fort Knox!

I  have learned, as a member of a US Backpacking forum, that moves are afoot in various US organisations to restrict if not outright ban any content involving firearms. For example..City Bank has apparently issued advice that it's credit/Debit cards can not be used for firearms related purchases. There is an article on the BBC website that the social media...thing?...called Reddit or similar has banned gun sales/transactions. 

There seems to be a number of US chain Stores that are ceasing to sell some firearms or related items too.

A general political scuffling seems to be taking place, pre election dates, involving some of the mass media and sales giants to get ready to jump one way or the other according to results to prove how much in favour they were/are in attacking or bolstering the 2nd Amendment ( right to keep and bear arms)

Some shops which sold ammo to backpackers on long distance trails no longer do so...

That may be connected to what you have observed Pinfireman... confused0024.gif

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

Only had a problem with sportsmans warehouse, other two worked

Even when you appear to get into the other two, you cannot  obtain info, or order anything! It,s all blocked!

58 minutes ago, sierra 11 said:

I  have learned, as a member of a US Backpacking forum, that moves are afoot in various US organisations to restrict if not outright ban any content involving firearms. For example..City Bank has apparently issued advice that it's credit/Debit cards can not be used for firearms related purchases. There is an article on the BBC website that the social media...thing?...called Reddit or similar has banned gun sales/transactions. 

There seems to be a number of US chain Stores that are ceasing to sell some firearms or related items too.

A general political scuffling seems to be taking place, pre election dates, involving some of the mass media and sales giants to get ready to jump one way or the other according to results to prove how much in favour they were/are in attacking or bolstering the 2nd Amendment ( right to keep and bear arms)

Some shops which sold ammo to backpackers on long distance trails no longer do so...

That may be connected to what you have observed Pinfireman... confused0024.gif

What I am experiencing seems to be targeted at the sites I mentioned, and not the big retail outlets. And some of these sites are, like Pigeon W  merely forums.

4 hours ago, ClemFandango said:

out of interest who is your internet provider? I am having problems accessing sites that sell guns like guntrader and holts auctions. 

I was thinking it might be something my internet service provider had brought in. 

My Broadband is the Post Office, my search engine Google.

I'm pretty sure it's the postoffice content filter they have introduced called "safeguard"

I have been trying to contact them but their customer service is woeful. 

Once I have confirmed that that is the case I'll make an official complaint and inform my shooting org. 

Let me know how you get on.....?

When did they introduce this filter? 

42 minutes ago, Munzy said:

The sites are up so it’s a local issue for you guys.

In future this is a handy tool...

https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

good tool. 

15 hours ago, pinfireman said:

Let me know how you get on.....?

When did they introduce this filter? 

They introduced it a week or so ago, or thats when I noticed. 

Their customer service is awful, they reckon it could take 4l5 working days for a reply!! 

If you can log on to your account online you can change the safeguard settings but I can't remember my password. 

4 hours ago, itchy trigger said:

already had tried it, doesn't work, not the first time for links posted on here, my post was just to say google worked fine for me so no need for anyone to get paranoid,    yet

Sportsmans warehouse is different to sportsman gun centre

Edited by Newbie to this

good tool. 

They introduced it a week or so ago, or thats when I noticed. 

Their customer service is awful, they reckon it could take 4l5 working days for a reply!! 

If you can log on to your account online you can change the safeguard settings but I can't remember my password. 

Nor can I !

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

It's being blocked somewhere. I just downloaded a VPN and got on their website no problem, but can't without a VPN

Forgive my ignorance....what,s a VPN ?