FAC AIR

villaman

8 minutes ago, Mice! said:

that seems like a very long time? There are already a few very good threads on fac air if you haven't read them yet, as for which rifle? Rapids are popular in fac, AA 510 probably loads available, what you thinking of spending?

If new up to £1800 thinking FX impact .25 

.22 second hand up to £800 - £900  

7 hours ago, Mice! said:

your laughing then, have a read of the other threads, plenty of good info with different rifles mentioned.

was any reason given for your fac taking so long? Realise folk say it takes a while but 11 months seems ridiculous.

People off  , only part time  ,joining up with Devon and cornwall police concentrating  on renewals 

First qestion is .what are you gonna be using this fac for ? Ie. Quarry and location /lie of the land .This should lead you to which cal is best suited and possibly even energy and pellet style .After that you should be able to choose the right gun .

Example .1

long range rabbits over open areas

Ie. land based ONLY shots .= .25 cal around 40-50 fpe. 

Id choose an fx bullpup . Gives shotcount and accuracy .

Example 2 

Rooks in high trees / squirrels in treetops .= .22 around 20 - 30 fpe .be very aware of you fallout .

Id choose a light weight gun that you can carry around and keep pointing upwards. 

Bullpup or .short pcp .

Example 3 .

Rabbits nearer houses or farm buildings /Large gardens .squirrels, pigeon etc

= .177 around 15 - 18 fpe. This provides plenty of range and energy without the increased risk accociated with the larger calibres 

Id choose a decent pcp allrounder World is your oyster 

37 minutes ago, Neil23 said:

I've had the AA s410 EXTRA FAC in 22 for about 4 year now and it's been spot on for me, only been running the power at a tad over 3quarter using it for rats rabbits and roosting corvids.never missed a beat.

I've got the s510extra and find it runs best at around 24fpe. Go higher than that and standard pellets tend to deform and become inaccurate. Great for lamping off the quadbike.

my self I use mostly .22 in fac air my two most used fac guns are an airranger .22@37 fpe and for ambushing from a hide

or just sitting in the hedge  a cricket bullpup .22@26fpe I use  a nitesite wolf & for closer range the ns -viper,

I shoot off primos tripod sticks which makes using the nite site a piece of cake.

atb brian

4 hours ago, sitsinhedges said:

I've got the s510extra and find it runs best at around 24fpe. Go higher than that and standard pellets tend to deform and become inaccurate. Great for lamping off the quadbike.

Yeah I'm not using massively heavy pellets hence lower power was going to try bis mags after this tin i'm using and bump it up a tad.

On 24/03/2018 at 07:50, Ultrastu said:

First qestion is .what are you gonna be using this fac for ? Ie. Quarry and location /lie of the land .This should lead you to which cal is best suited and possibly even energy and pellet style .After that you should be able to choose the right gun .

Example .1

long range rabbits over open areas

Ie. land based ONLY shots .= .25 cal around 40-50 fpe. 

Id choose an fx bullpup . Gives shotcount and accuracy .           Thinking FX impact  ?

Example 2 

Rooks in high trees / squirrels in treetops .= .22 around 20 - 30 fpe .be very aware of you fallout .

Id choose a light weight gun that you can carry around and keep pointing upwards. 

Bullpup or .short pcp .                                                                   Looking at daystate regal ,  BSA R10  from airtech , FX royal ?

Example 3 .

Rabbits nearer houses or farm buildings /Large gardens .squirrels, pigeon etc

= .177 around 15 - 18 fpe. This provides plenty of range and energy without the increased risk accociated with the larger calibres 

Id choose a decent pcp allrounder World is your oyster          I would use one of my sub 12 for this ,    HW100k .177 , HW100k .22 , HW110 .177 , BSA r10 rat works tuned.22 BSA Ultra .177 airtech tuned or one of seven spring guns 

The FX Impact for the .25 but you knew I would say that Mitch and depending on what you really want in .22, I was going to buy a .22 barrel kit for the Impact but simply found I just didn't need it or any other rifle which is why I let my Rapid .22 fac go to my pal.

If you are going to go ahead with the Impact .25, just use that for a while and then think about a .22 when you have used the .25 for a while, your ticket will still have a .22 slot so doesn't need to be filled straight away.

Just a thought.

Phil