Are you British

Harnser

16 hours ago, TriBsa said:

Err no. Read up a bit on the subject and you will find that the science is not exact, due to the different databases held by the individual companies doing the testing and the methodology and science involved. Try a test with a different company and you will most probably get a different result.

Plus science is no longer pure and no longer absolute. Think global warming data being manipulated for political ends. It wouldn't surprise me if these companies took coin from Soros and the globalists to slip in a few percent of more ethnic genes to make you think that biologically you are more multicultural than the european you had suspected.

You will note that I said: "It's not got superb resolution, but I think in time with more data and markers discovered it will become more detailed". I think that's a fair comment, I don't think my results will be that different actually as it tallies quite well with what I know of my family history. The only surprise for me was that I was not more Irish, but when I actually jot down the genetic makeups that I know it actually makes sense, as only my grandfather was "Irish", and even he likely had a mix a generation or two back.

You can inspect your DNA chain as they let you download it, and could submit it to other platforms if you desire. I didn't know but my Mum also did it, and it automatically pings up notification of a close DNA match, 49% for what it's worth. I think if you go in expecting to know precise answers you would be disappointed. It's a guide and does't have great resolution, I don't think it claims to be precise. I wasn't disappointed by the data I saw.

To be honest your second paragraph is a bit tinfoil hat for me.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Zapp said:

That's going to confuse the guy who goes around telling people you're the head of an Irish conspiracy group...

As one of your "Irish henchmen" I'd best not point out that by birth and parentage I'm three quarters English and one quarter Scots or he might end up looking a right prat.

Crumbs, what a clown that fella must be. The internet takes all sorts. Of course it could be an elaborate ruse, and cover... but I must admit I don't entirely understand what I would be conspiring for (or against), not least on a pigeon shooting forum.

1 hour ago, Teal said:

Crumbs, what a clown that fella must be. The internet takes all sorts. Of course it could be an elaborate ruse, and cover... but I must admit I don't entirely understand what I would be conspiring for (or against), not least on a pigeon shooting forum.

Maybe he thinks we're after his lucky charms.