Need help zeroing

Harry136

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

I think that shimming Air Rifles scope mounts came from way back when some Weirauchs were built with drooping barrels.

Happened many a time with break barrel air guns, when someone would cock it incorrectly and the barrel flew back to its closed position or pulled the trigger with it broken and cocked......

I've stripped down my setup, the mounts look good, no differences in angles, or heights, no markings. I have taken a picture of the bases, just wondering if they look right? I have some shims made specifically for the mounts and scope, they state +25 MOA, would these do any good?

IMG_3386.jpg

Edited by Harry136

Harry 25 moa spacer/shims is quite a bit on just one fixing point. I understand that you want to shoot it ASAP, and feel your frustration, but fluffing up the scope (A possibility) could be costly, get it to someone  that is competent. Your scope,mount rifle combo should not need extra bits shoving in to make it work. Regardless of what folk are saying. 

Edited by Dougy

Let's get one thing strait 30 mm scope mounts are 30 mm ,the scope is held by friction i.e. The scope is 30 . 00001 that's why it's held rigid you put 0.5 mm shim then the scope is compressed and now not held square in the mounts you don't shim rings but you can shim bases up but not around .

• 2 weeks later...