Which head torch to buy

shawn9914

I am after a nice head torch can anyone recommend one  just needs to be able to cope with short distance for dressing rabbits etc while in the field

Don't want to spend a fortune not bothered about being able to see for long distance but won't something that will not be flat after 30 minutes use

Cheers

Mate has a Petzl; reckons it’s very good. He uses it for cycling home at night; reckons he gats flashed by cars til he gets out of town.

At a Christmas function I noticed one in the raffle and fancied it as I have a Petzl helmet, so asked my OH to pick it if one of the tickets I’d bought came up.  When I returned she’d chosen a big bottle of Prossecco!  ?

After seeing someone else's I bought the Petzl with the retractable head band. When not in use it is about the size of a large sweet. Super handy but as a result can be lost quite easily. I mostly wanted something small but bright and it is both.

http://m.uttings.co.uk/p122050-petzl-zipka-headlamp-black-e93aba/?option_id=89037&adwords=true&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuOPukvyG2gIVqpztCh3DxwohEAQYAyABEgJD-PD_BwE#.WrdSTIdwbqA

I'm a great fan of petzl head torches, I travel with a small LED petzl head torch to far off lands for work, and I also use it as my general rural carry for knocking about at home. This fellow is smaller than pocket sized and works for quite a while on a couple of AAA batteries (amazon link just for example):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Petzl-Tikkina-Headlamp-Black-Size/dp/B01KYTR76Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521966443&sr=8-1&keywords=TIKKINA 

If I wanted a more powerful head torch then I'd look further than petzl.

If I need more power for picking out stuff at distance, I use my wee Clulite LED pocket torch from Cluson engineering, rechargeable running off a single 18650 battery, same as my e-fag. It's basically a normal pocket torch on half power or good enough to lamp with on full power out to shotgun and small bore ranges.    

17 hours ago, johnnytheboy said:

I don’t think that, Nor did I state that the torches are 100% manufactured in the UK! Unless you read otherwise or unless you read to much into it ? 

So what does "Buy British" mean then

Edited by geordieh