A very scary moment yesterday

Harnser

I was driving down a lane in Norfolk having a look at the rape fields and had to brake for a rather sharpe bend .  When I braked my foot went right down to the floor ,absolutely no brakes at all . Several pumps on the foot brake and a grab at the hand brake brought me to a stop . I phoned Mitsubishi brake down ,the truck being a 15 plate l200 warrior explained the situation and they said that they would get some body to me as quick as possible but it could take 90 minutes . The very pleasant young lady asked me if there was some were close and handy where I could get a cup of coffee and they would call me when the break down driver was on his way .i told the girl I couldn’t leave the truck as I had guns and ammo with me and needed to stay with the truck . To my great surprise the break down truck arrived about 20 minutes after the phone call . I said to the driver you were a lot sooner than I had expected . He said that he had been diverted from another call he was going to because I had guns in the truck and guns in cars are a priority recovery .

He recovered me to my local dealer ship in Norwich ,when I arrived there the dealers were worried I had guns in the truck and I had to sit in the truck until my son could pick me up . First class treatment from Mitsubishi break down . They had a loan car to me within 1 hour of me arriving at the dealership . The down side to this tale is they have loaned me a brand new top of the range barbarian . I want one .

harnser

It’s unusual to have total failure these days and on that age truck.  I guess a pipe has burst but it’s usually an easy fix.  The new barbarians are very nice but hell they have a lot of lights just about everywhere if you ever go lamping! 

My Vw t6 wouldn’t start a few weeks back and within 40 minutes it was done. They’ve had a problem with to smaller battery for the stop start.

my mrs had new brakes a few months back on her fiesta . She told them it’s not right but being 25 and blonde they palmed her off.

they came on full lock while driving back across a busy junction. I went mad at the garage and ordered them to collect it. She was 6 months pregnant and stuck in the middle of the road. She had to dump it.

1 hour ago, Harnser said:

I was driving down a lane in Norfolk having a look at the rape fields and had to brake for a rather sharpe bend .  When I braked my foot went right down to the floor ,absolutely no brakes at all . Several pumps on the foot brake and a grab at the hand brake brought me to a stop . I phoned Mitsubishi brake :lol: down ,the truck being a 15 plate l200 warrior explained the situation and they said that they would get some body to me as quick as possible but it could take 90 minutes . The very pleasant young lady asked me if there was some were close and handy where I could get a cup of coffee and they would call me when the break down driver was on his way .i told the girl I couldn’t leave the truck as I had guns and ammo with me and needed to stay with the truck . To my great surprise the break down truck arrived about 20 minutes after the phone call . I said to the driver you were a lot sooner than I had expected . He said that he had been diverted from another call he was going to because I had guns in the truck and guns in cars are a priority recovery .

He recovered me to my local dealer ship in Norwich ,when I arrived there the dealers were worried I had guns in the truck and I had to sit in the truck until my son could pick me up . First class treatment from Mitsubishi break down . They had a loan car to me within 1 hour of me arriving at the dealership . The down side to this tale is they have loaned me a brand new top of the range barbarian . I want one .

harnser

Once in a while a typo nails it better than the real thing. 

35 minutes ago, al4x said:

It’s unusual to have total failure these days and on that age truck.  I guess a pipe has burst but it’s usually an easy fix.  The new barbarians are very nice but hell they have a lot of lights just about everywhere if you ever go lamping! 

When my truck was on the recovery waggon we could see brake fluid poring from one of the rear brake drums 

harnser