Scope and Lamp combo ??

greenshank1

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good scope/lamp combination for my 15 year old son to use on his airgun just for rabbits. The airgun is a older Webley eclipse ,.22.  He is relatively new to lamping rabbits so looking for a good reliable and straight forward (combo set up) that doesn't cost the earth.

Thanks for any advice 

I've been using the optic fire scope mounted torches on both my rimfire and centre fire. They excellent value for money. The t67 has a massive reach as does the t50 great for fox etc but probably too much for air rifle. The t38 may well suit you better and the scope mounting kit is so simple and sturdy. As for a cheap but good scope look at the Hawke range as there's something for everyone and every budget. Standard 3-9 x 40 or 50 should be fine the bigger lens has better light gathering for low light shooting.

hello, i would go for a hawke scope and T20 red torch from ludicrous lumins plus a suitable torch/scope mount, , hawke scopes are suitable for springers, 3x9x40/50  vantage with mildot reticule, both would be around £100, not sure if you get free scope mounts but look on ebay, you do not need expensive ones as you can file sharper to fit rail. 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Couple of things to consider when lamping with a springer .

If you mount a lamp on the gun then the zero WILL change compared to not having the lamp on .so realisticly .once the lamp is on and rezeroed it needs to stay on .this means that a small light weight lamp would be a better idea than some big torch that easily detatches .Second thing is that range finding under lamp light is notoriously difficult and a .22 cal will compound any small errors into constant misses and frustration .

A better idea would be a .177 with a fast light pellet. Like a falcon accuracy plus at 7.3 grns. 

If you go for a pcp then you wont have any  rezeroing issues .then you can pop the lamp on and off as you please .

Id reccomend a .177 bsa ultra shooting exacts or falcons. 

i can help with the scope as got 6 or 7 scopes here for good price there 3x9x40/50  hawke vantage + mildot reticule scopes + mounts here

that will be just right for the job at a very good price send me a pm and ill send you cpl pic's out for you

and i also have old deben maxpro lamp kit here that you boy can have for the price of P&P 

13 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i would go for a hawke scope and T20 red torch from ludicrous lumins plus a suitable torch/scope mount, , hawke scopes are suitable for springers, 3x9x40/50  vantage with mildot reticule, both would be around £100, not sure if you get free scope mounts but look on ebay, you do not need expensive ones as you can file sharper to fit rail. 

hello, i have used lamps on air rifles and its very OTT, best a small red led torch that you can alter the beam even a 3 mode, thumb switch is a good addition, your not shooting long ranges, if your son has a problem with range finding use a 25 yard string and a few targets, Ultrastu  please can you say just by putting a lamp on alters a scopes zero, i have used lamps/ torches/add on night vision/ laser torches/ and never had to change the POI, or am i doing some thing wrong 

An added lamp fitted to a recoiling springer,  Will alter your zero .Not on a pcp or rimfire. 

This is due to the way the spring gun recoils backwards then forwards and at some point during that the pellet exits the barrel .the extra weight of the lamp will make the gun lift higher or lower in the recoil phase and drop more or less during the surge phase (forward motion ) .and possibly alter the torsional element of the spring (twisting ) making for a lateral as well as a vertical shift in poi.