Who are you insured with

shawn9914

BASC, BDS and NGO - all have their merits and issues but then none of us is perfect - I guess once I retire in a few years cash flow will dictate I choose just one but whilst I am still working I like to put a few quid where it might do some good for preserving shooting as best we can in this world gone mad.

Guest stevo
14 minutes ago, mudpatten said:

BASC. The next time there`s a threat to shooting try ringing up your "cheap" insurer and ask them what they`re doing about it. i think we all know what the answer will be.

☝️?

50 minutes ago, mudpatten said:

BASC. The next time there`s a threat to shooting try ringing up your "cheap" insurer and ask them what they`re doing about it. i think we all know what the answer will be.

I'm not sure anyone who has 'cheap' insurance is likely to ring anyone. There are many people who shoot who just want insurance and are totally indifferent to what happens to firearms legislation; some don't even bother with insurance. It's sensible but not compulsory. 

BASC. Not only invaluable advice to me but great help setting up our club, and providing best practice advice where we have needed it. We spent a lot of time evaluating the insurance offer from different organisations and found very large differences between them. 

If you love your sport it seems sensible to support those organisations trying their best to protect it.

On 27/03/2018 at 07:13, CaptC said:

SACS - Cheaper than most, very informative and helpful. Don't be put off by them being based in Scotland! Always someone there to help.

+1 very happy with the service from these guys.

Having said that my main objective is good insurance cover at a reaonable price. Heard far too much b.s. from other organisations in recent years. 

I have all my shooting related gear insured against damage, loss through being stolen or lost through no fault of my own through SAGA for £38 p/a.  Shaun won't have that privilege he's far too young :lol:It depends on what you are insuring against, public liabilty,  accidental damage or personal injury. 

I am also with BASC for help, advice and legal cover.