took out a .410 clay shooting the other day

quentyn

I hadnt shot a .410 since school and i thought that as AGL will loan guns - why not... 

well i now have a 410 on my shopping list, both myself and my wife enjoyed it immensely. It wasnt as limited as i thought it would be. Yes you had to be super precise and you didn't often vaporize clays but it broke them just the same. 

If anyone has a silver pigeon in .410 going cheap :) ....

I have shot a few clays with mine, but mainly game over the last three seasons and you say put it in the pattern and it will do the job. Great fun and satisfaction to shoot as well.

I have a 'pretend' day up in Lincolnshire in May and will be shooting the 410 for that. Looking forward to it.  I have the 30 inch Yilditz ...if you have a couple of grand to spare have a look at their top of the range model. I was sorely tempted at the Shooting Show. The Silver Pigeon is also a nice little gun, it just felt a little bit heavier than the Yilditz. 

Heh!!   Have fun.

I bought a Mossberg 500 for my son some years ago. It was a fabulous little gun and threw surprisingly good patterns but I eventually sold it and now fancy another .410.

Many moons ago I shot at a lovely little local clay ground now sadly closed, but there was a father and two sons who regularly attended. They all had Remington 1100’s; the sons in 12 bore and their fathers in .410. He never seemed to be outgunned. 

• 2 weeks later...