Doubts about the FX Impact, then what other PCP

atyl1972

Hey all, I'm also going to post this in the guns section forum so please don't hate...ok, I have ordered an FX Impact even though I tried the gun, felt lovely and light in weight, shot really well even for a newbie like me, but my cheek was right at the end at the top of the butt, my head was at such a bad angle when trying to get eye relief, there was not tall enough mounts on the FX for the scope, it just didn't feel right but I was swayed by the grouping I had which was very very tight...also theres no way you can add a sling without more cost... NOT VERY ADJUSTABLE..

Anyway, the very kind people at rifleman firearms (Mark) has said not to worry as I can exchange for another rifle no problem, my question is I have looked online at...

• BSA R-10 SE
  • WEIRAUCH HW 100 KT LAMINATE ADJUSTABLE
  • AIR ARMS ULTIMATE SPORTER

what are peoples thoughts on the kind of gun that I'm after, (PCP) I believe all these are short Carbine style rifles, I don't mind bull pups either, but I do like the adjustability of the butt, and cheek rest and I really like the swivels for a sling, I find that hopefully if I get a permission to shoot vermin, carrying on the shoulder around the farm is gonna be a massive benefit, as well as going from the range to FT targets and HFT around the club, please people offer me some advice, yes the Impact is a looker but also more and more people are saying now that they've had a lot of issues, and I'm talking about gunsmiths telling me about the issues.

I know the difference in cost is considerable between these guns and the Impact, but as my finance is based on the cost of the Impact, if I do change to another rifle then I can always add a NV set up to make up the cost.

As always, many many thanks in advance for all your help and advice. :good:

Only thing i can really say is I've had my rapid 20 odd years and it hasn't got a sling on it, if I'm walking a lot i just carry across my body.

As for the eye relief I'm sure one of the guys with an FX will give you some feedback when they see your post.

12 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Only thing i can really say is I've had my rapid 20 odd years and it hasn't got a sling on it, if I'm walking a lot i just carry across my body.

As for the eye relief I'm sure one of the guys with an FX will give you some feedback when they see your post.

I think alls thats needed is taller mounts for the scope to be honest, but I feel its the other things like the swivels, and lack of adjustments elsewhere, but the fx is a cracker and I'll be gutted deep down if I dont have it for me its a looker, and ive not even contemplated a gun with a laminate or wood stock before, but the BSA is a really nice looking gun, so is the AA

2 minutes ago, Mice! said:

can you not put a rail on top to move the scope forward to get your head in a better position? Like i say one of the lads with an FX is sure to put you right.

I'm gonna try that out on Saturday, but as much as shooters don't like to admit, looks definitely matters when it comes to guns, equipment and accessories and I'm having doubts about the impacts looks, we'll see..

Just get a BSA r10 se , and have done! They come with ;

Two mags , Moderator/shroud , Fully Adjustable butt pad , and an awesomely beautiful stock.

Some say 'dodgy regulators ' , but mine and my buddies have been fine.

The HW110 is worth looking at  despite some having issues with them,

My go too gun? 

A BSA  Scorpion  SE Tactical, Huma regged .in .22

1 minute ago, Longbower said:

Just get a BSA r10 se , and have done! They come with ;

Two mags , Moderator/shroud , Fully Adjustable butt pad , and an awesomely beautiful stock.

Some say 'dodgy regulators ' , but mine and my buddies have been fine.

The HW110 is worth looking at  despite some having issues with them,

My go too gun? 

A BSA  Scorpion  SE Tactical, Huma regged .in .22

Nice gun, but would prefer multi shot tbh, and yeah agree, no gun is perfect is it, plus I do have the added life time warranty where I'm buying the gun so I should be fine whichever I eventually choose, but the r10 se is a looker and very adjustable too, even down to the shroud.

just scrolled through to page 7, there is a Bobcat on there, take a look see what you think, also a link to another thread about the bobcat. Pretty sure there are others on the fac threads.

End of the day if your buying new then go with what you feel is right, otherwise chances are you'll have to buy another rifle pretty soon, wouldn't that be a shame ?? 

Also bare in mind the weight of the Gun, If your target shooting like i was to start off my HW100S was great but once you start lugging her around a permission she shows her weight.

You almost need 2 Guns, 1 for each situation :whistling:

Edited by Snoozer

On 26/03/2018 at 07:03, Ultrastu said:

Rifleman firearms have there own massive indoor and out door  range .

You can play before you pay..get them all out see which you like best and buy that one. 

Yes and I plan to take advantage of this on Saturday.

On 26/03/2018 at 08:57, Snoozer said:

R10 does come in some nice additions inc my fav looking 2.

l_firefly_1.png

l_r10_carb_pepper.png

Oh yeh, both are very nice stock options fair play, and with the level of adjustability too...:good:

2 minutes ago, atyl1972 said:

Yes and I plan to take advantage of this on Saturday.

Oh yeh, both are very nice stock options fair play, and with the level of adjustability too...:good:

Where can you get the red stock option from in the uk?

14 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Better than what ? How it looks in the pic ? 

Hold on will take a second looky see 

IMG_20180329_232048.jpg

Looks just like that. 

I see that at Bristol, theres another here from mcavoyguns for an extra £49, comes with bipod, sling, hard carry case, pellets and is brand new, plus scope, a bsa one but still an excellent deal to be had there, nice little touch of bling too with the bolt, god I can see me getting 2 guns now, lol. shot count is around 190 isn't it in 177, don't quote me?