Non-Lead fibre wadded Cartridges

Our duck shoot is in the same position, my old Beretta is not steel proofed so was using Bismuth. This was costing over £30 a box so treated myself to a Franchi Affinity and now use Gamebore silver steel at about £10 a box. By the time the warranty has run out should have nearly paided for itself

Guest cookoff013

So, the reason I push reloading hard, is the fact the guy here has many criteria to fill.

Fibre

Nontoxic

70mm

All very easily achieved and could provide an advantage. Such as rto to make bigger loads with the same 70mm and shot size of choice.

My nontoxic tests i did a year ago, I should have repeated with fibre. I will revisit at some point. I would be very happy to find a fibre lead load, 42g load etc and load up bismuth shot by volume.  I did this and had all tested. Would be about 37grams. My test was a 36g lead and 32g bismuth but in plastic. Normal powders too lads.

70mm and steel is a problem anyway... The biggest I managed to find are the RC3 34g #1s and #3s, that's the only brand with stuff you can shoot at geese in 70mm -- unfortunately, pastic. 

I do recommend them tho, they 'stink' a bit, but they bring them down...

Edited by buze

3 hours ago, buze said:

70mm and steel is a problem anyway... The biggest I managed to find are the RC3 34g #1s and #3s, that's the only brand with stuff you can shoot at geese in 70mm -- unfortunately, pastic. 

I do recommend them tho, they 'stink' a bit, but they bring them down...

You can get 36 gram steel loads in 70mm.