Gunwatch buyers

Gunnut

Has anyone had the same experience, selling two guns on Gunwatch, had several inquiries, but they all seem to me to be timewasters, and in need of a chat, In my listings I mentioned only emails, but they still ring asking stupid questions and ramble on about more pictures, which I send, then they want more, more time spent on the phone, then the vanish. My latest  foreign caller, wants to come round, but wont give me his name or address, although I have stipulated in my listing RFD to RFD. Just don't understand it, driving me up the wall, anyone else had this experience, or is it just me.:hmm:

I had someone enquire if he could send a courier for one of the shotguns I was selling. I had to explain the correct procedure for transfer of ownership. They sounded clueless.

it seems to be a buyers market at the moment, so that might account for the increase in foolish enquiries?

Unfortunately there are many FTW’s out there, a member on here called me about a Beretta auto I was selling about 6 yrs ago he told me he was going to call & see the gun on the following Saturday, I changed shifts @ work. Guess what no show & last I heard from him. I hope he reads this he knows who he is. 

Had one tramp come round with his daughter, the lady, knocking 40% off the asking price. He had no idea what it was worth, no research prior to the viewing. Found the bloke very entertaining, and funny, don't think he was very amused though. 

5 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Should have given their details to Police 

I just blocked him. I doubt the police would care as he’d done nothing illegal at that point . I just thought he was a mongol for even trying. 

I mean what would I tell the feo :/ it just went missing ??? You can’t believe how stupid people are.

14 hours ago, Gunnut said:

Has anyone had the same experience, selling two guns on Gunwatch, had several inquiries, but they all seem to me to be timewasters, and in need of a chat, In my listings I mentioned only emails, but they still ring asking stupid questions and ramble on about more pictures, which I send, then they want more, more time spent on the phone, then the vanish. My latest  foreign caller, wants to come round, but wont give me his name or address, although I have stipulated in my listing RFD to RFD. Just don't understand it, driving me up the wall, anyone else had this experience, or is it just me.

Just out of curiosity, which guns were yours? 

Ive often found if something is well priced they don’t seem to hang around. 

Just food for thought. 

Sold a few without drama, the only real F/Wit was someone called "David" claimed to be an American Marine based in San Diego, a place I know quite well, when I asked a coupe of pertinent questions about the place including U.S.S. midway he went back under his stone

4 minutes ago, guzzicat said:

Sold a few without drama, the only real F/Wit was someone called "David" claimed to be an American Marine based in San Diego, a place I know quite well, when I asked a coupe of pertinent questions about the place including U.S.S. midway he went back under his stone

That scam has been doing the rounds for years, I wonder if any guns do get sold that way?

Has a follow up to my last thread in this forum, concerning time wasters, this foreign gentleman, has been ringing me for the last week, day and night, asking me questions ,some I will list below. I had blocked his number earlier, but rang on a different phone this morning, at 8 am. couldn't quite understand the lingo, but think Pakistani maybe. 

Hello boss, want to buy you gun, phoning for my father in law, want questions...his it for sporting or game.. how long is the rib on the barrel..can we meet half way between Essex and Droitwich..how heavy is it..must go, just put my ice cream van away, and have to pick up the kids, ring you back soon. No you won't mate cos that numbers been blocked to. Makes you wonder what's lurking out there.

2 hours ago, Lord Geordie said:

Double the asking price? You should have had his fingers off matey

Lol :) 

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

nobody thought it may have been the police checking folk out? Doubtful i know but??

The profile etc was a lad with lurchers , terriers etc and I think a traveller.

still could be tho I guess.