Ranges in the North

Deker

Hi, 

I'm a member of a local club so visit Catterick at least once a month but was wondering if there are any other ranges (preferably up to 300y) so I can do some load development between shoots, I've used Steadhall indoor in the past but if it's busy then it can be a wasted journey, I'll try Yorkshire Shooting Center soon but just wondered what others may be available?

Thanks

Deker

Bisley - Braidwood near Jedburgh is ok, but their target set up is not to my liking...digital scoring, and no target "centre"/aiming mark when I was there.
I've heard that they now allow you to post up your own targets now.

May be too far for you anyway.

On 4/1/2018 at 20:32, fister said:

Just for information, Yorkshire Shooting Centre is only 100m. Diggle goes out to 1000 yards but personal range time for load development is limited until you get to know some people there who will run a range around the competition calendar. I have been a member of both for over ten years. ChrisV and I are planning such a trip (both of us are range officers) at some point soon.

Thanks, I like the Yorkshire shooting center, I went there just before Christmas to have a chat with the guys, I would have been there over the weekend but they were closed for Easter, I'll be picking a new  .223 up very soon so will call over there to do the development for that.

I'm hoping to visit Diggle this year too but I'll have the development all sorted for that so I can have a shoot over the longer distances :)

I ended up going to Gardners Guns as they seemed to be the only ones open over the weekend and I was running out of time to complete the load development (off to Bisley very soon so needed the development finishing), nice bunch of guys and a decent short range setup on site, their longer ranges sound really good too so could be joining there soon too (it was a bit of a trek for 24 rounds of load development though lol).

Deker