This number plate has got to be illegal surely?

johnnythefox70

53 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

There's a teacher in my grandchildren's school who changed her number plate from EL14 NET to ELAINE T. She's had this for almost 4 years, so is obviously putting the original plate back on for the MOT.

Surprised she didn’t get pulled by the coppers or by ANPR

also plates considered offensive are often pulled so this may well be! 

1 hour ago, sportsbob said:

EL14 NET to ELAINE T  the 1 and 4 substituted for A and I , I would imagine you would get away with substituting the characters but not the order .

I agree, that's not miss spacing or adding a screw to change the appearance, its a completely different number.

ANPR Cameras through out a huge amount of failures and don't instantaneously pick up 'wrong' plates (although i had a huge problem  a while ago with a new car where the glare registers the plate wrong - took ages, and a lot of parking foment discussions to resolve)

4 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

As mentioned, it's been on here car for at least 4 years that I know of. There are many 100's of false number plates on vehicles. How they get away with it, beats me.

6 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

There's a teacher in my grandchildren's school who changed her number plate from EL14 NET to ELAINE T. She's had this for almost 4 years, so is obviously putting the original plate back on for the MOT.

Teachers ehh.

Probably claim she is dyslexic so it would be discrimination to prosecute her.

6 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

WHAT coppers? There's none out there !!!!!   Certainly in my time it would have not only been pulled but got a ticket. How many road traffic offences do you see these days and they are getting away with it...no tax , no insurance, no mot ..just buy a banger for 50 notes and drive that for a year, then go buy another on and on.

I was on the road when the E Type Jags came out and had stick on plates on a slope of the bonnet.  We had great fun for a while:yahoo:

In Texas you could buy any letters numbers you wished and it was registered to you. There was also an annual sticker which went in the edge of the number plate to say you had paid registration for that year.  Drive without that or out of date and you would be wheeled infront of the Judge within the hour !!  Been there , speeding 60 in a 50  and did not have my driving license. I was told to follow the Traffic Officer to the court house and put infront of the deputy judge. Nice lady, I apologised and she docked me $35 and a slapped wrist.   Here were going down the pan fast in comparison.

2 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

As mentioned, it's been on here car for at least 4 years that I know of. There are many 100's of false number plates on vehicles. How they get away with it, beats me.

WHO is going to do anything about it  ?

We are fast heading towards total 'free for all' on our poor excuse for roads  !

Edited by Westley

Had a ticket with a cctv still with my number plate on it smashing through a fence and a bill for the repair form the council and court date for failing to stop at an accident.  I did the on reasonable thing I could took a day off work drove my Morgan to the court when the magistrate asked me if I wanted council I said no then it started I pointed out vechile in question in the video was a transit van my V5 with the same number plate said Morgan.  Waste of all our time and public money someone should have investigated it on getting my address from the DVLA. 

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 09:53, scutt said:

Would fail an M.O.T. letter spacing wrong.

100 % correct mate

and when you fail them for it they normally go ape poop with you and the usual reply / retort is " your ************ joking aren't you it passed like that last year and the police car I passed on the way here never stopped me ...... blah blah blah " to which my reply is well it didn't get mot,d here then because it would have failed for it if your not happy with me failing it you can always get in touch with vosa and request them to check it but you must not change the plate back and when they come to co check they will go through the whole mot process again .

that's when they normally f and blind as they pay the fee and drive off to return later on in the day with correctly spaced plates fitted ................. but I have had 1 or 2 not return ???

it would also fail for the N/S/R light lens damage thus showing a white light to the rear [ and probs a bit more when tested ]

Edited by hodge911

• 2 weeks later...

Wife has a NI plate with an 'i' which had a little bit removed to "dot the eye" which was perfectly OK according to DVLA rules as no change to letter size/width/spacing/shading etc but eventually one MOTer decided they would not play ball so I had a separate set made for that one day of the year.

Edited by norfolk dumpling