Air Arms S410K

MadSpringer

Hi,

Just treated myself to L/H AA S410K .22 (walnut). Been considering a decent PCP for a while now, been granted shooting over 650 acres and the farmer wants the bunnies sorting!

Looked at a few others, Daystate Harrier and HW100, the S410k felt right so cash was parted with!

500 AA field pellets came with it, I hear these are a good match but I'm tempted to try some accupels also. Any advice on pellet choice would be great!

Also looking to purchase a decent lamp, anyone recommend a good one?

Looking at the Logan lamp (nice and compact) but filters an extra £16

I think the Tracer lamps come with a red filter included.

Looking forward to getting the scope zeroed and out this weekend! :D:P:D

Cheers

hello mate, had an s410 for about a year. ammazing guns. aa field are bloody good, using accupells at the moment. quite a light pellet but good groups and the skirts dont get as damaged. if you are shooting rabbits i would go with aa field for the harder hit. watch anyone using the gun carfully, if it doesnt fire dont just recock it as it will put a second pellet in the barrel, you need to take the mag out and fire it (two pellets cost me a new silencer) :D I fill mine to 180bar and fire a few clearing shot for best consistancy, i never let it go bellow 100bar. have fun my friend :P

Thanks for the advice chaps!

mark_hammond good advice about the second pellet, on the HW100 you are unable to do this but although it was a nice gun I thought it was on the heavy side. Also the silencer wasn't very effective, still gave a good crack.

Magpies are gay Yes it is a great little gun, well balanced, I personaly thinks it's worth paying a little extra for the walnut stock (nice bit of wood looks a feels great).

Try this link http://www.theairguncentre.com/mainframe.asp

You can build up a combo and it calculates the price for you!

Cheers! :D

I also have an S410k in 0.22 and i love mine, it just seems to fit me right.Dont bother with the logun gunlight get a tracer mini pro as you say it comes with free filter but also comes with dimmer switch, alot better when lamping rats at close range.

Have fun i'm sure you will love your new rifle.

• 2 weeks later...