Home made bsa bullpup

Ultrastu

The 2 zip ties were put there just to hold it while i got a feel for the linkages. 

As it turns out they dont look too bad and hold it really well .i think when i build a stock on it. They will be mostly hidden and be fine .the wood stock also holding the trigger block in the correct position .

Pleased so far. I might rough out a stock this weekend 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That trigger mech looks like a recipe for stiction although tucked out of the way and, I appreciate, easier to fit. Would something like a push/pull cable such as those fitted to car heaters be possible to fit? You could clamp the outer sleeve out of the way with a nice smooth curve which, with a nylon lined cable, would give a slick action and a bit more feel.

Just a thought

A pull rod or cable is always gonna be better than a push version .but the engineering required is above my resources. 

To be fair this rod feels pretty good .

A straight rod is better than one with bends in it .but im gonna find it tricky to get the stock round one .so this short (165 mm ) rod does the job pretty well .

We will see how it feels when the stock is on .

Thanks for the imput .:good:

On 23/04/2018 at 21:31, Ultrastu said:

Pleased with this trigger linkage 

And my shameless copy of the smk p15 stock :good:

IMG_20180423_212935.jpg

wouldnt it be more positive with the linkage made from steel plate in the shape of a moon cresent and in the centre of it a slot cut for a guide screw ?...just a thought

• 9 months later...

I do like the simplicity of the wire trigger connection but I also feel like Ditchie that a flat plate made from steel or for lightness ally would have less tendency to flex and be more positive.

The joy of that set up is you can try a variety of ideas fairly easily.  How soon will you be taking orders ?:good:

Im liking the micro solenoid route, as suggested by the car door central locking. Be a neat way of doing it with a battery in the stock. Little mill grade switch behind the remote trigger and solenoid working the real trigger.

If only I had the time and bullpups  weren't at a massive disadvantage in HFT I might well have a go myself.

• 1 year later...

So i decided to have a go at making the stock today .

Its only been almost 1.5 years since i did anything to this gun  .thought it about time i tried to finish the project  .

Im pleased so far and the gun does fire when in the new stock .

Stock shaping required next .and then a paint job and fit the butpad and trigger guard  

IMG_20200517_173114.jpg

IMG_20200517_173159.jpg

IMG_20200517_173224.jpg

IMG_20200517_173255.jpg