Presses

Which would you choose if given the choice? I’m leaning towards a Forster press having had my Lee classic presses for quite some years.

Same with tumblers, going from a Lyman vibration tumbler to wet tumbling with stainless pin but uncertain of the best to go for too.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

The frosted coaxial is nice, but so is the price. Is it better to the extent you will shoot better ??? Depends if it matches your 5k custom rifle and dog's danglies March scope and custom dies. It's your money and your choice.

I bought a Rock Chucker but it was £89 in those days, it was the best I could afford likewise dies. There have been a few 2nd hand on the forums just lately, worth keeping an eye out. 

With regards to tumbler have you thought of ultra sonic ? I bought one of these and must say very impressed. Far better than the silly toy type one's  you see in the shooting mags. 

Linky 

Edited by Dougy

Dougy

I have an small ultrasonic cleaner and no matter what solution I use the cases never come out how I wish and I still seem to have to buff up with a bit of wool.

Have seen some great results with pin media

The Forster co-ax won’t make any diff to my shooting :-) , but it would very make reloading a bit better- I like it’s open fronted design and inbuilt priming too, find reaching round with the Lee’s a bit fiddly.

But reason for the post is to gain opinions on other avenues/options 

Thanks Fister for the comments

Will take a look at the Rockchucker on the good old YouTube.

It is the reduced stress and length of throw that I’m looking for as the Lee on the edge of the bench is quite awkward as you have to sit far back, then stretch out to reach cases etc.

Priming, didn’t realise the forster is that difficult, regarding lock rings- from what I have seen it will accept Lee dies as they are with std lock rings

Dougy

Couldnt find the press, only one at current bidding of £155 plus £50 postage from the states.

But what I did see a a mounting system by In-Line Precision that might resolve my current problems.

It is a metal platform raising the press by over 9” and can allow it to be place further back on the bench- this might help even with my current presses as it’s the hunching over and then stretching for powder/cases etc that’s getting to me now.

Now to search out a UK importer of the stand as will prob get one anyway, even if I do go down the Forster press route

• 2 weeks later...

I have some of the In-Line kit, it's nice stuff :)

I bought a Rock Chucker for de-priming and full length sizing simply because A: it was £99 at Midway USA and B: I can use the In-Line case ejection kit with it, doesn't half speed things up when you have a lot of cases to prep (just did 1,000 Lapua 308!).

For general use I still use my Lee Breech Lock Challenger, good solid bit of kit (and a lot lighter than handling the RCBS!), I have all my presses mounted on the Lee bench plate system (inc. the RCBS) makes swapping presses a doddle :)

No problem with the Lee locking rings, just make sure you tighten them fully, no measurable difference in bullet run out or anything else when I compared rounds loaded with them against some Hornady locking rings I had.

Lee Bench Plate attached to the In-Line plate and mounted to bench (removable)

Bench-Plate.jpg.024283686e09e2701443329d2fcc399e.jpg

Bench with presses stored on shelf using Lee Bench Plate side rails (stops them falling on my head!)

Bench.jpg.45d2bef8220cad29bbfc275fee6f6833.jpg

RCBS set up to full length size cases using the In-Line case ejection system

RCBS.jpg.3924faf124e2385f017f79d3cb5b27e8.jpg

Edited by phaedra1106

Have the Lee bench system already but it was just the height and reaching forward for cases, then leaning back to lever the press down and the arm below the bench edge.

This way I can hopefully work in a slightly more comfortable position.

Looked st buying through Brownells but even with shipping and import duties they are cheaper direct ( at least I hope so)