Choke Grease

johnnytheboy

1 hour ago, johnnytheboy said:

I had tetra grease for chokes and hinge pins etc and it seems to have seperated and is really iffy looking so I’m just looking for any recommendations for decent grease? 

I have copper slip I don’t mind chucking on semi autos etc but wanted something less messy for my over under! 

They recommend squeezing the tube to mix it prior to application. I use it and have never had any issues.

Guest stevo

I stopped using the tetra grease years ago after all the issues they seemed to have regarding corrosion.  Do a google search on it . 

Dont know if it’s any different now days . 

I just use morris grease for all my gun greasing needs, rifle's, shotguns, the lot!

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morris-K99-Water-Resistant-Grease-500g-KNN500/263573740020?epid=1757133791&hash=item3d5e3819f4:g:4T4AAOSwgmJXzdI~

15 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I don't think the type is of great importance.  What is important is to move/take them out regularly and keep everything clean and lightly oiled/greased.  Troubles almost invariably start with lack of regular take out and clean/re-lubricate.

abso-flipping-lutely! Couldn't have said it better myself. 

Edited by ClemFandango

13 hours ago, Westley said:

Lucas red gun oil for chokes, Lucas red grease for hinge pin and knuckle, both off fleabay. Oil should last around 6 years, grease for about 20 years, that is the length of time mine has lasted used on 7 guns.

No complaints here using Lucas Red Grease for choke threads. Tested to 280ºc, if my gun gets that hot I've got bigger problems on my hands. When it gets dirty clean it off with thinners and a toothbrush, allow to dry then reapply.  

19 hours ago, webber said:

I import a "Special White Grease" for guns and chokes from Italy from the same company who provide Beretta with their lubricants.

I sell a fair bit of it on Ebay.

£4.85 collected from my shop  £1.50 to cover P&P

webber

Drop me a PM with a link or your Paypal please, need some new grease

cheers 

On 01/04/2018 at 11:01, panoma1 said:

I wonder if there is any real difference between the various 'White grease' on offer............except of course the label?

And cost!

I don’t see how there can be, white grease is only made of two components, white soap and mineral oil! This tetra grease is only white grease now that I realise the problem with it which is the mineral oil seperating from the soap